Home

FCS vs. Teambuilder

This is a discussion on FCS vs. Teambuilder within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: In retrospect would you have preferred FCS teams and conferences or teambuilder
Teambuilder 23 40.35%
FCS teams and conferences 34 59.65%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: FCS vs. Teambuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
So adding fictional teams is "kiddie" but adding fictional conferences is acceptable? That makes no sense.

I do agree that it should have been possible for created FCS teams to replace the generic FCS teams but without a global schedule editor it's a moot issue. At best 12 teams would have accurate schedules, the rest would still play the generic FCS teams.

If EA set it up that way, there'd be a 50 page thread going on right now complaining about it.
Who said anything about fictional conferences?LOL You dudes kill me reading what isnt even there! Here's my point if you wanna make kiddie teams within kiddie conferences shoot. But I would use the extra teams and conferences space for real FCS schools and conferences.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #18
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I would defiantly take FCS schools over TB.

If TB could import more than 12 ****ING TEAMS IN DYNASTY MODE THAN IT WOULD BE THE BEST ****ING FEATURE IN THE WHOLE ****ING GAME! BUT SINCE YOU CAN'T DO THAT! IT'S COMPLETE CRAP.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseChiarlo
Love teambuilder, and you can create your FCS school, create its rival, put them in the same conference and replace teams that are already rivals, wallah you have your correct correct rivals. Ie. create Appalachian State, create Western Carolina, put them both in the Sunbelt. Replace two already rival teams in the sunbelt. Or delete the whole conference and make a new FCS conference. Just takes a little thinking but there are ways to make it work. I do hope in the future though that EA allows you to replace the FCS east, north south west teams with a TB team. Not that they can be in a conference, but it would at least be fun to play a team with a logo.
That does not fix the rival problem. For teambuilder teams a lot of people have the experience that it does not record the win or loss, it says 0-0 against rivals and then does not document a win against a rival for recruiting purposes, so a promise to having a winning record against a rival does not work. Not to mention teambuilder teams can only have one rival.

Basically, imported teams are a sloppy second to anything in the game, which is one reason I am not a big fan.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Who said anything about fictional conferences?LOL You dudes kill me reading what isnt even there! Here's my point if you wanna make kiddie teams within kiddie conferences shoot. But I would use the extra teams and conferences space for real FCS schools and conferences.
Why is teambuilder a "kiddie" feature?

Old 08-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #21
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
because he doesn't like it.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
because he doesn't like it.

CAS is fluff! Its fluff people like but it's fluff none the less. I dont have a problem but there are bigger issues IMO. This has been my stance since it was first announced. What difference does it makes what I call it? You guy are so sensitive.

*In stewaat fashion* I get it you guys like TB!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseChiarlo
Love teambuilder, and you can create your FCS school, create its rival, put them in the same conference and replace teams that are already rivals, wallah you have your correct correct rivals. Ie. create Appalachian State, create Western Carolina, put them both in the Sunbelt. Replace two already rival teams in the sunbelt. Or delete the whole conference and make a new FCS conference. Just takes a little thinking but there are ways to make it work. I do hope in the future though that EA allows you to replace the FCS east, north south west teams with a TB team. Not that they can be in a conference, but it would at least be fun to play a team with a logo.
No, you don't get it... I don't want Appalachian State in the FBS... I just want to play them. You know... reality... not a made up conference or anything silly like that.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
That does not fix the rival problem. For teambuilder teams a lot of people have the experience that it does not record the win or loss, it says 0-0 against rivals and then does not document a win against a rival for recruiting purposes, so a promise to having a winning record against a rival does not work. Not to mention teambuilder teams can only have one rival.

Basically, imported teams are a sloppy second to anything in the game, which is one reason I am not a big fan.

I use a teambuilder team and have not had that issue, I replaced colorado state, my rival is colorado we play every year, and it always shows the correct record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »