Home

"recruiting against" feature

This is a discussion on "recruiting against" feature within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5
"recruiting against" feature

can someone explainwhere this is effective? I run with 1 star schools so I usually only have 1 or maybe 2 areas where my team is an A or B for recruiting. Where should I be using "recruit against"?

1.) areas that my school is strong in and the other team is weak?
2.) areas the other school is weak in regardless of my schools rating?
3.) areas the the other school is stong in reagdless of my schools rating?

whats the logic here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 01:27 AM   #2
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: "recruiting against" feature

I would like to know how this works too
Old 08-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
Rookie

kingtut313's Arena

OVR: 1

i use michigan so most of the point is A/B rating.. but from what ive seen...

target areas where the other school is B or lower and downplay a few times.. you will only get negative 1-4 so take what you can get.. if you see 0 then stop.. if you see +any number then STOP IMMEDIATELY cuz you helping out the other school

i might downplay the other team a few times if its a close bidding war and they got an area where they are a B or less so i downplay that for maybe 4-6 clicks.. otherwise its not effective enough to use
Old 08-29-2009, 03:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Ok heres how you use it...

Recruit against pitches that the recruit likes (Most, Very High, High) but only if the other school pitch prestige is low (C+ on down pretty much).

- points= Good your doing it right
+ points= Bad your making the recruit like the other school more.

For example.... Washington sucks balls at everything. So their a C- on their pitches. I will recruit against the recruits pitches that he is most interested in. Maybe UW cheated again or something and now they have a pitch with an A. And the pitch with an A is a Most, Very High, or High. Dont recruit against for that pitch as it will only end up you recuiting for THEIR school. So if the pitch value is low but high importance to the recruit then recruit against. Usually it doesnt work well against high prestige teams so I would only suggest this for schools with low pitch values.

What I usually do is recruit against and then recruit for your school if Im behind on a recruit so your making a move on the recruits top schools much faster.

When your recruiting for YOUR school +'s are good.

When using the recruit against feature -'s are good.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:04 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Why did I help an Idaho fan? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #6
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

As implemented, it's ineffective. First, recruit sours WAY too quickly on negative pitches. Second, if you're recruiting against a powerhouse school, they're 'A' across the board practically, they have no area to negatively attack.

Nice idea, poorly implemented. Stopped using it pretty quickly.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
As implemented, it's ineffective. First, recruit sours WAY too quickly on negative pitches. Second, if you're recruiting against a powerhouse school, they're 'A' across the board practically, they have no area to negatively attack.

umm no. It does what it's intended to do. At first I didn't like the feature, but I see how it works now and it's pretty good. The reason the recruits get upset is so you can't just sit there and downplay another school all day. You can do a little bit at a time. Also he may get upset if you don't have a big advantage over what you're trying to downplay. For instance, if early play time is very high and your school is rated a C. When you downplay another school that's D+ he may get upset, but if your school is an A+ in that category he may listen longer. Also you can recruit against powerhouses. You just have to do it on those dynamic pitches such as early play time and proximity to home. I have successfully downplayed proximity to home against OSU several times.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor

Agreed. Haven't used since the game came out. What's the point of downplaying Florida or any other BCS school competing to get recruits when they are all A's and A+'s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »