Home

High Interest.. No Scholarship

This is a discussion on High Interest.. No Scholarship within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
Rookie

kingtut313's Arena

OVR: 1
High Interest.. No Scholarship

last season i had a DE who was intent on signing with Florida but the team seemed like it had zero interest in the player..

i was 2nd on his list all season even tho Florida never offered him a scholarship or invited him for a visit.. Florida was a full bar all season until the last week of recruiting when i downplayed florida and he signed with me...

it was weird cuz he had a good 4-5 scholarship offers to other top rate schools.. most was green or atleast high yellow.. but he never wanted to go anywhere but Florida
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: High Interest.. No Scholarship

I've seen this as well, and in fact have seen soft verbals to schools that have not offered scholarships.

This happens in real life, where a kid will choose to walk on at Florida, say, over a scholarship opportunity at MTSU. But I don't know that it ever happens (or with any frequency) between big schools. Not to mention that NCAA 10 doesn't have a walk-on component to the game, so presumably someone who verbals with a school that does not offer a scholarship never plays at any school, regardless of rating.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
I've seen this as well, and in fact have seen soft verbals to schools that have not offered scholarships.

This happens in real life, where a kid will choose to walk on at Florida, say, over a scholarship opportunity at MTSU. But I don't know that it ever happens (or with any frequency) between big schools. Not to mention that NCAA 10 doesn't have a walk-on component to the game, so presumably someone who verbals with a school that does not offer a scholarship never plays at any school, regardless of rating.
Are you sure about this? I'm just asking because I've had a couple of guys soft commit to me without a scholly offer and I just offered them one to be safe. We have recruiting restrictions in our OD and I didn't want some guy that I wasn't expecting to be counted towards my scholly limit. If what you're saying is true then if it happens again, I don't have to "waste" a scholly on a guy that verbals without an offer.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

CPU may have more than 25 players on their board and cant sign all the players who want to go there, but they don't stop recruiting them just in case they don't get someone else?

The weird thing is that there are 4 star guys who look as if no one's recruited them at all the whole year.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Are you sure about this? I'm just asking because I've had a couple of guys soft commit to me without a scholly offer and I just offered them one to be safe. We have recruiting restrictions in our OD and I didn't want some guy that I wasn't expecting to be counted towards my scholly limit. If what you're saying is true then if it happens again, I don't have to "waste" a scholly on a guy that verbals without an offer.
Ive never had it happen to my team that someone commits to me without an offer, but I have seen it happen to me many times. I have an offer out to someone who also has offers to Cincinnati and West Virginia. His top school was Ohio State. He did not have an offer from there. I was #2 on his list. Both of our bars were filled, and he had already visited me. He commited to Ohio State. When I saw that, I checked to see if they made a last minute offer to get to commit. They didnt. He commited to walk on at OSU over offers from Michigan(me), Cincinnati and West Virginia.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
He commited to walk on at OSU over offers from Michigan(me), Cincinnati and West Virginia.
Smart kid On a serious note, I've seen this happen too and it doesn't make a lot of sense. I think this issue was present in 09 as well - especially during off season recruiting.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 50

That's very weird, maybe it can get fixed.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 08-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Ive never had it happen to my team that someone commits to me without an offer, but I have seen it happen to me many times. I have an offer out to someone who also has offers to Cincinnati and West Virginia. His top school was Ohio State. He did not have an offer from there. I was #2 on his list. Both of our bars were filled, and he had already visited me. He commited to Ohio State. When I saw that, I checked to see if they made a last minute offer to get to commit. They didnt. He commited to walk on at OSU over offers from Michigan(me), Cincinnati and West Virginia.
Check and see if he's on their roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »