Home

season showdown

This is a discussion on season showdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
season showdown

I know a lot of people on here dont like the SS but for those who are participating, has anyone else had problems finding opponents? ive tried almost all day and only found 1 person using SS. i figured there would be more people playing since it just started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: season showdown

well there are a lot of people "using" SS. all you have to do is sign up for it in the menu. once you do that, it doesn't matter what team or what game mode you use you'll get points for SS. most people probably don't start games from the SS menu. but what are you doing to only see 1 person?

for Texas Tech, our first opponent is FCS west!

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
Rookie

when you go into SS under the main menu, then select schedule. Bama's first game is against VaTech so when you select that game the menu that comes up has: view matchp in progress, credit history, play vs CPU, play vs Nation, and find online showdown opponent. Before you could only play against nation (same thing as playing a game from the online menu). But since showdown started today we are able to play against the particular team that you have on your schedule (ie. VaTech).

So the question remains- where are the VaTech players at? ive been waiting with a created session so in theory, the next VaTech SS person to log on and play should be sent into my session.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaphant83
So the question remains- where are the VaTech players at? ive been waiting with a created session so in theory, the next VaTech SS person to log on and play should be sent into my session.
well, it may be possible that when using the "play vs. showdown opponent" option that the VT player would have to also choose that option to get to you. I'm not sure how that option works though. I'm just not sure have many people actually start games from the SS menu though. I've never done it.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Old 08-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
Rookie

how else do you access the SS mode then? can you get to it from Online menu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
how else do you access the SS mode then? can you get to it from Online menu?
once you sign up for SS, you get points for it no matter what mode you play. so if i play a dynasty game, I get points for SS. if I play a Online dynasty game, I get points for SS. if you go to the normal online section and just play a random dude, you'll get points for SS. even playing a play now game gets you points.

it's not so much a "mode" than it is a points system for playing games. the SS section on the main menu shows the stats and leaderboards. now that the season is starting, it'll follow the real schedule and have their own season and playoffs, but you actually don't have to ever go into that section after you go there the first time and choose your team.

Last edited by Solidice; 08-30-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Rookie

i know all that... i dont think you realize that it changed today. those points that you get from playing the other modes all go towards a "preseason" ranking. starting today (or late last night) you can play against the teams on your schedule. now those games count towards points that will determine if your team wins for that week or not.

the difference is that now "season Showdown Opponents" are available.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
i know all that... i dont think you realize that it changed today. those points that you get from playing the other modes all go towards a "preseason" ranking. starting today (or late last night) you can play against the teams on your schedule. now those games count towards points that will determine if your team wins for that week or not.

the difference is that now "season Showdown Opponents" are available.
I know that it changed today, but playing games in other modes still count I believe. playing versus CPU in dynasty mode(or play now) count towards the vs. CPU in SS, playing versus showdown opponent(versus human, don't think vs. CPU will count for this category) counts toward that category, etc...

the allies and rivals option is now available too on the SS website.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »