Home

EA CAN YOU PLEASE SLOW DOWN THE GAMEPLAY FOR '11

This is a discussion on EA CAN YOU PLEASE SLOW DOWN THE GAMEPLAY FOR '11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:37 AM   #49
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: EA CAN YOU PLEASE SLOW DOWN THE GAMEPLAY FOR '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMedia4SC
Explain. How is Madden a much more realistic representation of football when the gamespeed is soo slow that I could look at every receiver on the field 6 times before my QB even finishes a 5 step drop. If you think Madden's game speed is right you have never played football before. The game is faster in middle school football then it is on default Madden 10.
I understand the physics and momentum things your talking about, but they made a huge mistake on game speed. Football is an extremely fast sport, its not baseball. If you want a slow sport, play a baseball game or something.
NCAAs game speed is perfect and I couldnt even get threw 3 quarters of a Madden game. It is that boring.
Thats funny because WR arent even out of there breaks by the time I finish my drop back so I dont know how you can scan the field. Nobody's saying real football is slow. Im saying it better represented in a videogame slower. Real football does not play as fast as NCAA either. The ball leaves the QB hand at unreal speeds. Both games have players warping but it happens 10x more in NCAA already and I have played it 10x less then I have Madden.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:58 AM   #50
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Thats funny because WR arent even out of there breaks by the time I finish my drop back so I dont know how you can scan the field. Nobody's saying real football is slow. Im saying it better represented in a videogame slower. Real football does not play as fast as NCAA either. The ball leaves the QB hand at unreal speeds. Both games have players warping but it happens 10x more in NCAA already and I have played it 10x less then I have Madden.
From the multiple posts i have read by you, you first claimed you have only played the demo. Then recently you claimed you have played like 2 games on NCAA, and now it seems like you claim you have played even more without owning the game. Even if you do play it, you are already locked up in your own little mindset, where you think the game is horrible. You will never see anything good about it and since day 1 you have thought madden as the better game no matter what. Your irrational thinking leads you to only see the bad spots in NCAA, making your opinions about the game very close minded.
I get this from only reading a couple of your posts, thats how obvious it is.

Also, I will agree that the player momentum is messed up, yes.
Game speed, no. Maybe the ball leaves the qb's hands to quickly, but I kinda disagree with that because on multiple occasions i have gotten pissed because it left his hand too slow. Are the passes too fast? Yes to an extent, but the game speed I think is synched with that well.
I feel like the game speed is perfect because it does align with an actual football speed. Its not like playing madden where I feel like Im playing a game with an over cranked frame rate.

Making an option to slow down game speed? Yeah, thats probably a good idea. Slowing down the default game speed? Horrible idea. There are a lot of people that don't play Madden just because of its default game speed.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:56 AM   #51
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Why not just give us the option like Madden and everyone can be happy?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #52
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
think we need the OPTION to SLOW the speed down. Madden handles it perfect to give different players their preference. I personally like a little slower moving game that isnt so gamepad twitch happy. I like to see plays develop and be able to react. I feel its more strategic then arcade to play this way and that is what I enjoy

But also for God's sakes....put in more than 1 SINGLE CAM!! And get rid of that default annoying low tracking CAM that pivots with the players every single move. It makes the gameplay look and feel choppy! Give us a more tactical CAM as an option that can see more of the field up higher. I dont need to be sniffing my RB's crotch as I play the game!
Totally agree! Who cares about what speed is more realistic or fun. If there is an option, everyone is happy. Couldn't agree more about the camera angle. I couldn't buy NCAA 10 with that thing. It just annoyed me too much. Bring back the '09 angle! (Adam did say they are planning to have multiple camera angles next year )
Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #53
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMedia4SC
From the multiple posts i have read by you, you first claimed you have only played the demo. Then recently you claimed you have played like 2 games on NCAA, and now it seems like you claim you have played even more without owning the game. Even if you do play it, you are already locked up in your own little mindset, where you think the game is horrible. You will never see anything good about it and since day 1 you have thought madden as the better game no matter what. Your irrational thinking leads you to only see the bad spots in NCAA, making your opinions about the game very close minded.
I get this from only reading a couple of your posts, thats how obvious it is.

Also, I will agree that the player momentum is messed up, yes.
Game speed, no. Maybe the ball leaves the qb's hands to quickly, but I kinda disagree with that because on multiple occasions i have gotten pissed because it left his hand too slow. Are the passes too fast? Yes to an extent, but the game speed I think is synched with that well.
I feel like the game speed is perfect because it does align with an actual football speed. Its not like playing madden where I feel like Im playing a game with an over cranked frame rate.

Making an option to slow down game speed? Yeah, thats probably a good idea. Slowing down the default game speed? Horrible idea. There are a lot of people that don't play Madden just because of its default game speed.
This whole group of words is very comical. I could say the same exact thing about you! This is all based on opinion but unlike you I dont disrespect yours because its different than mines. You ever think maybe just maybe this is my opinion simply based on what I prefer?

It kills me how some people just start taking shots because they have differences of opinions. Grow up! There is no right or wrong answer just what works best for me and what best for you.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #54
stewaat

OVR:

Dosmedia you are right on the $$$!!!!!

Great post!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #55
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
because the NCAA dev team's cumulative IQ is equal to that of a 4 year old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
In Madden, offline you have that option, online you don't. Your forced to play the game on slow.

I'm all for EA giving people the option of what speed they want to play on if you can change it both offline & online. If they don't plan to make it an option then don't mess with the speed of the game.

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »