Home

Is this game worth buying for dynasty mode?

This is a discussion on Is this game worth buying for dynasty mode? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #17
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Is this game worth buying for dynasty mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I've simmed many seasons and never had every team the same ratings, the teams were between A+ and C-(compared to '09 where CPU teams were between B+ and D- after 6+ years). in about 40-50 simmed seasons, if not more, Boise State were the only non-BCS team to get to the NC(2 times) and they won once, lost once. I saw more non-BCS teams getting to the NC in '09 than 10 so far. maybe I got lucky everytime?
ok what i meant was not the ratings being the same but that eventually mid majors get too many 90+ players.
that's what i meant. but i see where you are coming from.
i suppose each dynasty is different. this is just something thats happened in my dynasty that i find ridiculous.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
ok what i meant was not the ratings being the same but that eventually mid majors get too many 90+ players.
that's what i meant. but i see where you are coming from.
i suppose each dynasty is different. this is just something thats happened in my dynasty that i find ridiculous.
But if every recruit was rated 10% too high would it really matter that much? The relative team strengths would still be comparable and the game would still probably play the same.

All I know is that dynasty mode in NCAA is more addicting than any other sports game for me because of the recruiting and building of a dynasty.

For all the complaints about NCAA 10's dynasty, at least the cpu recruits better and uses its depth chart better than 09 where things got really wonky after 5 years.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #19
Rookie

Burntkush's Arena

OVR: 1

Progression is the biggest problem so far. 19 years into my ND dynasty, I literally have an ALL 99 starting line-up (minus C and LE. Their 98) and only 7 or so of the starters are seniors. And recruiting is also WAY too easy. 14 straight years with the highest ranked recruiting class. 9 straight with atleast 8 or more 5 stars. It's a broken system.. but it's all their is till a patch comes out.

NFL Team: Eagles

NBA Team: Rockets

MLB Team: Reds
Old 09-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #20
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Recruiting has always been too easy and it will always remain that way. People would tar and feather the EA devs if they ever made it realistic. Seriously, most people that play dynasty mode want to take over a smaller school and build them up into a title contender and hopefully win it all. This almost never happens in real life but is one of the biggest positives of dynasty mode in NCAA.

Pete Carroll could go to UConn and they will never become a powerhouse in real life. In NCAA Football, you could win it all in a few years. So many gamers love to take 1*, 2* or 3* schools and build them up in NCAA. The only way that's possible in a fun amount of time (3-5 years) is to make recruiting overly easy. If they made it realistic, those schools would still suck and the gamer would get frustrated and quit playing. This is a perfect example of where perfect realism = not fun. Is it too easy? Maybe but it still needs to stay on the easy side.
Well said, it has to be "easy" or at least "easier" or people would complain to no end. In my opinion it is still a little easy, but occasionally guys I thought I would get still go to other universities. With that being said I do not "put all my eggs in one basket" as I have been let down by potential recruits selecting other programs, so that in itself keeps it somewhat entertaining.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:33 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
IMO, Fatigue is a bigger issue than dynasty progression.
+1 billion... fatigue and auto subs are just killers for those of us who love the sim aspects of football gaming. Since the cpu doesn't sub every game a record will fall. The amount of TACKLES FOR CPU PLAYERS IS MIND-BOGGLING. Last game the cpu DE had 21 tackles... how does that happen? Oh right, broken fatigue and auto-subs.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »