Home

Celebrate with the Mascot

This is a discussion on Celebrate with the Mascot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Celebrate w/the Mascot?
A. Leave it as is 26 23.01%
B. 15-yard-penalty 44 38.94%
C. Take it out completely 43 38.05%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Celebrate with the Mascot

The dev team should bring back user-controlled celebrations like we had in NCAA 06 (and keep mascot celebrations too) at the risk of an unsportsmanlike penalty.

There should also be an unsporstmanlike penalty slider.

They should set it up so that there are subtle celebrations (low risk of a penalty) and over-the-top celebrations (high risk of a penalty).

And while they're at it, they should bring in end zone flips and somersaults like they had in NCAA 08 -- again, all at the risk of a 15-yard penalty.

User-controlled celebrations like this would add some much-needed fun and emotion to this lifeless franchise.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Never in my 15+ years of watching college football have I ever seen a player celebrate with a mascout. Where did they get this idea from. This "feature" embodies everything thats wrong with this series. I dont mind a good stunt or two(and NCAA should really lay off these young men) ,but as it is now you cant do it in real college football (without a flag) I dont wanna see it (unpenaltized) in the game. As for the mascout thing is a terrible attempt to generate excitement. It's cute after the second or third time its just dumb.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
The dev team should bring back user-controlled celebrations like we had in NCAA 06 (and keep mascot celebrations too) at the risk of an unsportsmanlike penalty.

There should also be an unsporstmanlike penalty slider.

They should set it up so that there are subtle celebrations (low risk of a penalty) and over-the-top celebrations (high risk of a penalty).

And while they're at it, they should bring in end zone flips and somersaults like they had in NCAA 08 -- again, all at the risk of a 15-yard penalty.

User-controlled celebrations like this would add some much-needed fun and emotion to this lifeless franchise.
Good idea!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #12
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I dont think it should be taken out because a player IRL could go dance with the mascot. It doesnt happen much and thats do to the unsportsman like penalty. So I think they should add the penalty to it. Like someone said earlier they should add user controlled celebrations as well. Some being over the top with chances of a flag higher and some smaller celebrations with lower chances of a flag.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
I dont think it should be taken out because a player IRL could go dance with the mascot. It doesnt happen much and thats do to the unsportsman like penalty. So I think they should add the penalty to it. Like someone said earlier they should add user controlled celebrations as well. Some being over the top with chances of a flag higher and some smaller celebrations with lower chances of a flag.
This is a very serious non-sarcastic question. When have you ever seen a college football player interact with a mascout after a touchdown? Or any football player at any level?

A player could strip down butt-naked and run around the field after a touchdown should that be in the game? *this is the sarcastic question* LOL!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
This is a very serious non-sarcastic question. When have you ever seen a college football player interact with a mascout after a touchdown? Or any football player at any level?

A player could strip down butt-naked and run around the field after a touchdown should that be in the game? *this is the sarcastic question* LOL!
Chad Johnson has fooled around with mascots and cheerleaders. I've seen a player pretend to urinate on the field goal post. Randy Moss did a fake mooning in Green Bay. I've seen the entire Georgia bench run into the end zone and jump up and down against Florida (partially at the urge of their coach). I've seen players do Heisman poses and somersaults. In the CFL, they have crazy celebrations and the fans love it.

It's certainly not prevalent but what's the big freaking deal? If you don't like it, don't do it. Honestly, this is such a minor topic I just don't see the uproar.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #15
stewaat

OVR:

I'm shocked by the results.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #16
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Chad Johnson has fooled around with mascots and cheerleaders. I've seen a player pretend to urinate on the field goal post. Randy Moss did a fake mooning in Green Bay. I've seen the entire Georgia bench run into the end zone and jump up and down against Florida (partially at the urge of their coach). I've seen players do Heisman poses and somersaults. In the CFL, they have crazy celebrations and the fans love it.

It's certainly not prevalent but what's the big freaking deal? If you don't like it, don't do it. Honestly, this is such a minor topic I just don't see the uproar.
IMO this series shouldnt mess around with kiddie stuff that never happens. This game has no momentum ,but found the time to add some goofy idea to have player interact with mascout which never happens. Is it the worst thing possible ofcourse not. But like I said its this "lets load NCAA with a bunch of kiddie stuff" mindset thats keeping this game away from its full potential. Pick a direction and stick to it.

Once again that is the pro game not college and its super rare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »