Home

Defense in NCAA 10

This is a discussion on Defense in NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Defense in NCAA 10

Does anyone find that pass rushing in this game a little difficult. I am playing with a below average team I understand, but I should be able to get at the QB every once in a while. Also on kickoffs, I give up WAY too many touchdowns. Anyone else have this problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Defense in NCAA 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandiyan
Does anyone find that pass rushing in this game a little difficult. I am playing with a below average team I understand, but I should be able to get at the QB every once in a while. Also on kickoffs, I give up WAY too many touchdowns. Anyone else have this problem.
to address the kickoffs...well if you dont have patch 2 then turn your run slider down to 50. otherwise idk what to say about that except maybe sim the kickoffs, then its more realistic.
pass rush, well just set the pass rush slider to 90-100 and the CPU pass block really low or at 0. Even then pass rush is tough but you get some pressure.
hope this helps.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

what i find helpful is to shift the line so the end can go wide and beat the tackle. Kickoffs are a problem in my od but not offline.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

I dont know what your playcalling is like, but I suggest blitzing more. If you only come with 3 or 4 down lineman every play it is hard unless you have good stick skills. Dont be afraid to bring 1 or 2 LBs every other play, the defense actually works better this year IMO.

Try the 4-2-5 defense. Try blitzing both SS out of man coverage. This puts a TON of pressure on the QB. Oh and dont forget to jump the snap (down on the right thumbstick).

edit: and on kick offs, i just use the kicker the whole time and try to stay in front of the return man as best as I can. That way everyone else stays in their lanes and if you get a tackle or FF with the kicker it is worth it haha.

Last edited by Maxattax3; 09-02-2009 at 12:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »