Home

the biggest problems from '09 that are fixed in '10

This is a discussion on the biggest problems from '09 that are fixed in '10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
the biggest problems from '09 that are fixed in '10

i'm pretty sure that i'm ready to trade in '10 and just keep playing my '09 dynasties... teambuilder was fun to play with but ultimately i can live without it and the new competitive recruiting stuff... broken fatigue (for everyone except offensive skill players) has been the nail in the coffin for me

so i was wondering (as i know there are at least a few forum members who have decided to stick with '09) if i could get some reminders on what was worst about '09 in the gameplay department, and to what degree you think it is fixed in '10

i'll start since i popped in '09 for a game the other night...

'09 is definitely plagued with some rocket catches, where as i haven't noticed them in '10... examining the replay of the worst one i saw i think that the issue stems from a slow animation on the receiver's cut, i felt like a threw the ball with good timing, and i guess i'm a "results" kind of guy (i rationalize when i see the ball morph through a helmet or torso)

i don't think the fatigue is perfect in '09, but i know i had some o-and d-linemen subbed out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: the biggest problems from '09 that are fixed in '10

I've stuck with '09. Fatigue is a lot better and I just played a game where the cpu went on a long drive and I had a couple LBs and DL sub out.

I will say the sliders work a lot better in NCAA 10 and the cpu running game is a lot better. I find the cpu run game in NCAA 09 just isn't good enough no matter what you do. Big OL just don't get enough push imo. The cpu QBs also make better decisions in '10 and go deep more. But the super fast passing speeds in NCAA 10 was really annoying to me.

Also, the over the shoulder catches and break tackle system (where you can fight out of a tackle) were pretty cool in NCAA 10.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

Sliders are awful and the defense of the game is pretty bad. However I do remember picking the ball off to be really easy. Also, the players take the worst angles possible meaning if you have a guy with speed, the game is just too easy.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyesFan21
Sliders are awful and the defense of the game is pretty bad. However I do remember picking the ball off to be really easy. Also, the players take the worst angles possible meaning if you have a guy with speed, the game is just too easy.
Summed up pretty well. The game was just way too easy.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyesFan21
yeah at least 10 has better angles. One gripe I have with 10 is the bullet passes that are like 100 miles per hour. I definitely like 10 better than 09. There were just too many bugs with 09(not that 10 doesn't have its problems)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm with you. I already looked to trade in NCAA '10, but when GameStop was only going to give me $25 in value for it (while selling it used for $54.99), I wanted no part of that. I'm pretty sure Blockbuster will give me $35 or $40 of value with it, which would go pretty far towards any used game they happen to stock there.

In preparation for that, I already re-purchased NCAA '09 for $7.48 at Target (red tag sale), which is already half the price of what you can buy it used for at GameStop.

My primary interest is doing franchises with recruiting, and I know that NCAA 09 did that pretty well and with realistic progression. As far as things I will miss from NCAA 10, I think that they did fix up the running game for both you and the opponent, and I will miss how the QB's occasionally make bad throws.

But apart from that, the changes were not that dramatic. I'll probably welcome back the old camera angle with open arms. If anything, it will help me to avoid comparing this Madden 10 in my head, since I think that is far superior to either NCAA title in gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »