Home

Defensive Audibles

This is a discussion on Defensive Audibles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Defensive Audibles

Mainly Coverage audibles.

1. I understand that I can use "show blitz" coverage audibles to walk my safties up close to the line for better short yardage zones with no blitzing. Works great against crossing routes short slants etc. . .

2. I read that shift "safeties in" helps with Post Routes or Deep middle passing.

My questions!

a. What does "safeties in" "safeties out" actually do? What does it leave open? How does it affect "man" coverage, or does it only affect zone coverages where I have 2 deep safeties?

b. What does "shift coverage right / left" do? Does it only ROLL my zone coverage to the strong / weak side of the field? Or does it affect "man" coverage too? Oh I use it, but I have NO IDEA what it's doing.

c. And I've seen here where defensive keying a receiver ROLLS the coverage to that side. That one I'm not really wanting to use so much, as it sounds very dangerous.

So if someone here could explain a / b / c to me that'd be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Defensive Audibles

I'm sure there's an answer to this, as it's been in most EA football titles since I think 03 or 04 dunno for sure.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Rookie

This is corny no one here knows the ans or just doesn't want to type it. I've searched this backwards forum for the ans but can't find it anywhere.

Anyone with the ans would you chime in and stop acting all elitist. It would be nice.

On a diff note, when did the FG and Punt fake become automatic touchdowns / first downs regardless of defense you run. No ans needed, I just hate you corny m u th a fu ck a s who play online and keep running bull **** plays like those, and 3-2-6 zones while still stopping the run. Corny as hell. And then some of you have the nerve to talk **** when you win with a #3 team! F uc king stupid *** kids. You all wouldn't last 2 minutes playing face to face. You'd probably get slapped in the face. I know you would actually.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygates
Mainly Coverage audibles.

1. I understand that I can use "show blitz" coverage audibles to walk my safties up close to the line for better short yardage zones with no blitzing. Works great against crossing routes short slants etc. . .

2. I read that shift "safeties in" helps with Post Routes or Deep middle passing.

My questions!

a. What does "safeties in" "safeties out" actually do? What does it leave open? How does it affect "man" coverage, or does it only affect zone coverages where I have 2 deep safeties?

b. What does "shift coverage right / left" do? Does it only ROLL my zone coverage to the strong / weak side of the field? Or does it affect "man" coverage too? Oh I use it, but I have NO IDEA what it's doing.

c. And I've seen here where defensive keying a receiver ROLLS the coverage to that side. That one I'm not really wanting to use so much, as it sounds very dangerous.

So if someone here could explain a / b / c to me that'd be appreciated.
Safeties in shifts their zone to the center of the field, while safeties out shifts the zone to the outside. They only alter zone.

Same as safety shifts. Moves the zones left/right.

C: I don't have a clue.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »