Home

How's your dynasty going?

This is a discussion on How's your dynasty going? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: How's your dynasty going?

In my WKU dynasty I was 7-5 last year, so far I'm 1-1....I lost to Nebraska by a fairly good margin.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

The Huskers looked to put their unbeaten record on the line at home against the Oklahoma Sooners, ranked #3 in each poll. The Sooners are not as potent as last year's team statistically speaking, but any time you have Sam Bradford at the helm and various talented weapons at his disposal, a war should be expected.

This game was all of that and more.

After Nebraska's Ndamakong Suh brought pressure on Bradford during the opening drive that resulted in a pick-6 by Mathew May, the Sooners came right back and had a 12-play, 76-yard drive that chewed up nearly three-and-a-half minutes. With the score nodded at 7, Nebraska's Zac Lee was holding his own in the pocket and driving the Huskers for their second score. With the ball inside the 20, Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy sacked Lee for a six-yard loss. Lee suffered a concussion on the play and a pin drop could be heard inside of Memorial Field. Cody Green, the true-freshman quarterback out of Dayton, Texas, would enter the game in front of a full capacity crowd.

Green has played well this season for the Huskers, but has admittedly played in "mop up" duty after Lee and the Huskers had already secured a win. Coach Pelini had no quips about playing Green as a true freshman and even went as far to say that Green could be counted on in big situations due to his maturity level. Well, at this moment, Cody Green would get his chance. With the game tied at 7, and the Huskers driving for another score, Cody Green would find early on whether he would build a legend or be known as the QB who could have delivered a devastating blow to the Sooners and give the Huskers a jacked up reason to believe that their program was right in the thick of it when talking about the elite programs.

Cody Green was up to the challenge.

On his first pass, Green connected with Melenik Holt for an 18-yard TD. Oklahoma would fight back and keep the game close, but at the half, Nebraska was ahead 17-14. Green finished the half 10-13 for 102 yards and a TD, and also rushed for 29 yards on 6 carries.

The second half was where Cody Green answered the question on whether he was just a flashy inexperienced freshman or the Huskers' QB of the future. The question was answered on several occasions, as Green never lost his composure in a 48-34 Nebraska win that was much closer than the final score would indicate.

Green finished the night 16-19 for 211 yards, 2 TDs. He also showed his dual-threat ability with 14 carries for 62 yards and another score. For a guy that was playing in the Texas high school playoffs last year, Cody Green more than held his own against the second ranked team in the nation in front of over 90,000 screaming Nebraska fans.

After losing out on Tyler Gabbert to Texas, Husker nation was infuriated with having to deal with the second Gabbert boy decommitting from a program that is looking to get back to prominence. Cody Green, undoubtedly, told Husker Nation to relax after today.

"What Cody Green showed me today is that he is special," said Coach Bo Pelini. "Zac, it looks now, will be out for a while. The report says three weeks, so we'll see where we're at when he returns, but I'd say we're in good hands with Cody until then. I think everyone is seeing the start of something great with this kid."

Pelini went on to praise his team for a hard fought victory and spoke a bit on the surprising decommitment of Ballwin, Missouri quarterback Tyler Gabbert, the younger brother of Blaine Gabbert, a 2007 recruit who reneged on his verbal to Nebraska.

"It happens," said Pelini. "Recruiting is not for the faint of heart. You win some, you lose some. We fully expected to have Tyler Gabbert with us next season, but it didn't work out that way. I wish him the best."

Pelini did not offer any parting shots at the Gabbert family.

Nebraska will head to Lawrence next week to take on the 5-3 Jayhawks.

NCAA 2010 Dynasty: Nebraska Cornhuskers
Record: 12-0
Ranking: #4 AP, #4 Coaches Poll, #3 BCS
Last Game: @ Colorado (W, 52-0)
Next Game:
#1 Texas (Big 12 Championship Game)

Last edited by Curry59; 09-11-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nebraska travelled to Kansas this past Saturday to take on the 5-3 Jayhawks. After a hard fought and emotional win over Oklahoma the week before, the Huskers had to be prepared to not fall on their faces against an opportunistic Jayhawk team. With Cody Green starting his first collegiate game, the excitement was everywhere.

The Huskers rolled to a 56-7 win, keeping intact the nation's highest scoring offense and improving to 10-0 in the process.

Green would not disappoint, setting a new Nebraska freshman single-game record with 411 total yards of offense (291 passing, 120 rushing) and scored five touchdowns (3 passing, 2 rushing).

Menelik Holt and Antonio Bell had identical numbers for the game, each catching 5 balls for 105 yards. Holt had 2 TD receptions while Bell had 1.

Niles Paul returned a kickoff 102 yards for a TD.

The Huskers sit at #4 in the nation, behind Florida, Texas, and USC.

In the past six weeks, the Huskers have secured 6 commitments. Curtis Carter (4* ATH), Andrew Rodriguez (4* OT), Victor Burnett (4* MLB), Jonathan McKnight (3* RB), Ciante Evans (3* CB) and Donovan Vestal (3* DE). The Huskers are also in the mix for 5* WR Nate Shaw, 4* WR Isaac Britt, and 4* ATH Bowen Marquez. The Huskers currently have the ninth-best rated recruiting class in the country for 2010.

NCAA 2010 Dynasty: Nebraska Cornhuskers
Record: 12-0
Ranking: #4 AP, #4 Coaches Poll, #3 BCS
Last Game: @ Colorado (W, 52-0)
Next Game:
#1 Texas (Big 12 Championship Game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 07:55 AM   #12
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I am 6-2 w/ Toledo (4-0 in MAC) Looking to crack the top 25 and make a bigger bowl game. Most likely bowl Motor City Bowl!!!

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #13
stewaat

OVR:

I'm currently in Year 4 with my Minnesota North Stars. I took over the Minnesota Gophers roster, just gave them a new look which I think is much better than theirs!

Year 1: 7-6
Year 2: 8-5
Year 3: 10-3
Year 4: 6-1

I have a legit shot at winning the Big Ten this year with quite a bit of talent on defense. I gave up like 79 points in my first two games this year, going 1-1, but since then I haven't given up more than 14 in a game. My defense was the strong point as well, so the first two games shocked me. When I won 51-48 against Bowling Green in game #2 I was scratching my head.

I always control my MLB, and this year it's Junior Will Jordan. I'm having an awesome season with him so far, basically stuffing the stat sheet.

7 games: 48 tackles (low for him...), 3 sacks, 3 INT, 5 forced fumbles *leads Big Ten in forced fumbles*

I love the game, love my team, and love my dynasty.

Check out my website to review everything I've done so far, I even have a highlight section where I put together the Top 10 plays of each season.

http://www.freewebs.com/stewaat/NorthStars.html

Old 09-12-2009, 02:17 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm in Season 2 with my Vols. Went 12-1 in the first season, losing to the Gators. But won the rematch with them in the BCS championship game. Berry got the Thorpe and Hardesty the Walker.

Convinced Berry to return for his senior season. I'm 4-0 so far and ranked #1. Survived the Gators (16-15) and LSU (14-10) to stay undefeated.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:59 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I'm currently in Year 4 with my Minnesota North Stars. I took over the Minnesota Gophers roster, just gave them a new look which I think is much better than theirs!

Year 1: 7-6
Year 2: 8-5
Year 3: 10-3
Year 4: 6-1

I have a legit shot at winning the Big Ten this year with quite a bit of talent on defense. I gave up like 79 points in my first two games this year, going 1-1, but since then I haven't given up more than 14 in a game. My defense was the strong point as well, so the first two games shocked me. When I won 51-48 against Bowling Green in game #2 I was scratching my head.

I always control my MLB, and this year it's Junior Will Jordan. I'm having an awesome season with him so far, basically stuffing the stat sheet.

7 games: 48 tackles (low for him...), 3 sacks, 3 INT, 5 forced fumbles *leads Big Ten in forced fumbles*

I love the game, love my team, and love my dynasty.

Check out my website to review everything I've done so far, I even have a highlight section where I put together the Top 10 plays of each season.

http://www.freewebs.com/stewaat/NorthStars.html
O I know I have been there many times and I wish I could set up a website like that. I give you props stewaat!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »