Home

Team Rating vs. Player Experience

This is a discussion on Team Rating vs. Player Experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Team Rating vs. Player Experience

Just pondering, but my Husker dynasty is in it's 2nd year. Think i finised my first season 9-4 if i'm remembering correctly.

Anyhow, with recruiting i've moved my team from the original rankings to A and A- across the board. However this season i have much less experience on the field. I'm starting RS freshmen and true freshmen in areas on my defense. My offensive line may have 1 returning starter.

Consequently my pass protection is much worse this season than last, and my defense is giving up passing and rushing yards like crazy. If i were to guess, i'd say i'll be losing games this season I normally wouldn't.

Anyhow, i haven't adjusted my sliders, so i began to wonder if less experience on the filed over rides the fact that i seem to have a more talented teams, speaking in terms of my overall team ranking.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Team Rating vs. Player Experience

I had a very young team in my third year of my dynasty, with C+'s across the board. I returned 4 starters on defense, and underclassmen rule the rest of a very inexperienced defense. My team was known for having a great defense in years 1/2. Yet this team went on to upset Oregon and is 4-0 so far.
Maybe I'm just an isolated case, and I still have a pretty tough schedule ahead(@Boise State, Auburn, Nebraska, Fresno State)
where I could easily lose all of them and bust my season to pieces.

Keep in mind my recruiting house rules only allow me to go after 1 star,2 star and up to 3, 3 star recruits. This is because of broken progression to keep it as realistic as possible. Plus it adds more of a challenge.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

In year 2 with the Vols I have a young corners and a FS that has not played. I play 2 RSFr & a Jr at corner and I have had a few games that they played well but have been handled by the powers of the SEC. My D is rated as A- but they play more like C-. I think it matters. I have to replace 4 LB's and 3 of my 4 D-line so next want be much better but I love it.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

Try to avoid looking at overall ratings and look at individual ratings.....Well, that is what I do. I hope that helps you.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Try to avoid looking at overall ratings and look at individual ratings.....Well, that is what I do. I hope that helps you.
2nd ^^^^ I also really dont play attention to experience either. If its your turn then get in the game and play.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »