Home

invited to a new conference?

This is a discussion on invited to a new conference? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Rookie

uf12gators's Arena

OVR: 4
invited to a new conference?

quick question, say youre playing as Rice in conference USA and you have 2 or 3 great seasons, does NCAA 10 have the option to be invited into a major conference to replace a team say from the Big 12? I know they had this in the ps2 versions in the past, but im wondering if the ps3 version has this as well, thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: invited to a new conference?

yes you can get invited to a bigger conference.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

yes, invites are possible. there a bunch of different varibles that go into it though. you have to have a good season for one, then there has to be a team in a conference in the region your team is in(for Rice, it would be Big 12) to be bad. I think team prestige also play a part in it as well and probably some other things. on top of all that, there is also a bit of randomness to it.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

you can also get kicked out of conferences as well, Navy replaced my Tulane team after year one of a simmed dynasty.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
Rookie

uf12gators's Arena

OVR: 4

alright cool thanks guys this is my first next gen NCAA game and i wasnt sure if this one of the many features not carried over from the ps2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf12gators
alright cool thanks guys this is my first next gen NCAA game and i wasnt sure if this one of the many features not carried over from the ps2
well be ready for extremely bland presentation
Old 09-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

In my 4th year of my UCF dynasty, I was offered membership to the ACC to replace Duke.

I would like to know the logic of who can ask who to join. Like, I really wanted to get UCF into the Big East, but after simming 8-9 seasons, I couldn't get it done. Is UCF only potentially eligible to get into the ACC? Or is it just the randomness of my dynasty?

Also, when you accept an invite from another conference, I believe your old conference logos remain on the uniform and the field. I'm not a huge details guy, but I couldn't get past that one. But, thanks to Teambuilder and custom conferences, I did re-create UCF, using the original logo and the Big East logo.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
In my 4th year of my UCF dynasty, I was offered membership to the ACC to replace Duke.

I would like to know the logic of who can ask who to join. Like, I really wanted to get UCF into the Big East, but after simming 8-9 seasons, I couldn't get it done. Is UCF only potentially eligible to get into the ACC? Or is it just the randomness of my dynasty?

Also, when you accept an invite from another conference, I believe your old conference logos remain on the uniform and the field. I'm not a huge details guy, but I couldn't get past that one. But, thanks to Teambuilder and custom conferences, I did re-create UCF, using the original logo and the Big East logo.
UCF is not in the right region for the Big East. ACC and the SEC are the major conferences in UCFs region.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »