Home

HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

This is a discussion on HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

NCAA 10 made serious strides in the sim game. The CPU AI is much better, the CPU defends the option better etc...

Now they need to add the little things and find some way to make the game more enjoyable.

The defensive lock camera is the best thing done in a football game in years!

Run its course? No I think they finally are back on course.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #18
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
NCAA 10 made serious strides in the sim game. The CPU AI is much better, the CPU defends the option better etc...

Now they need to add the little things and find some way to make the game more enjoyable.

The defensive lock camera is the best thing done in a football game in years!

Run its course? No I think they finally are back on course.
Agreed. I don't know what the OP was thinking.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #19
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
These threads have grown just as stale over the years. It's been said a million times, if you don't like the game, don't buy it. I did it for years and didn't need my "fix." I'm a college football fan first and a college football video game fan a very distant second.
Thanks thread police for telling everyone what to post. How about if you don't like the thread don't read it.

Commentary and presentation need an overhaul and OD needs to be shook up. There has to be something dynamic/moving about it if you understand what I mean - add more to the click and read polls, static awards for heisman and "news" articles that lack any depth. There needs to be video highlights w/ dynamic commentary or a studio show. NCAA needs to start stealing presentation from College Hoops, The Show and NBA 2k.

Recruiting needs a kick in the ***. Though I don't know if they'll make any changes to it considering it recently (for EA) got an overhaul already for next gen.

That being said the gameplay is back to being solid on the field minus some things - I'm looking at you run commit gimmick and "gameplanning" which were so poorly implemented, but that's typical of new gimmicks - they're always overdone i.e. impact players and HFA back in the day.

The presentation and atmosphere are definitely stale - dynasties just don't have that off field excitement or "it" factor.

Last edited by umd; 09-13-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:36 AM   #20
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Thanks thread police for telling everyone what to post. How about if you don't like the thread don't read it.

Commentary and presentation need an overhaul and OD needs to be shook up. There has to be something dynamic/moving about it if you understand what I mean - add more to the click and read polls, static awards for heisman and "news" articles that lack any depth. There needs to be video highlights w/ dynamic commentary or a studio show. NCAA needs to start stealing presentation from College Hoops, The Show and NBA 2k.

Recruiting needs a kick in the ***. Though I don't know if they'll make any changes to it considering it recently (for EA) got an overhaul already for next gen.

That being said the gameplay is back to being solid on the field minus some things - I'm looking at you run commit gimmick and "gameplanning" which were so poorly implemented, but that's typical of new gimmicks - they're always overdone i.e. impact players and HFA back in the day.

The presentation and atmosphere are definitely stale - dynasties just don't have that off field excitement or "it" factor.
well actually there have been about a million threads that have stated exactly what you just said, so really it gets old seeing the same thing over and over and over again. it's a tired subject.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #21
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
well actually there have been about a million threads that have stated exactly what you just said, so really it gets old seeing the same thing over and over and over again. it's a tired subject.
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the reason you're seeing more and more of these threads is because more and more people are starting to feel like the topic creator feels? I mean, if you're seeing "about a million threads", shouldn't that tell you something? Pop in NCAA 07 and give me a list of things, other than graphics, that EA has improved upon with this series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 02:40 AM   #22
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
And yet you still read them, and people continue to chime in with the same ideas.

Skip over it then if it "tires" you. It obviously doesn't tire everyone.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:13 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
You are right on the money! I miss the in-game ticker for other games in my franchise. I would like to see how other teams in my conference are doing during the game instead of having to finish my game and sim their score. Where is the suspense of watching them blow a game in the 4th or make a comeback. Why not take us to watch the final minute of some of the games around the league back in the days on the Sega Genesis! That was probably one of the best things I have ever seen in a video game. It would happen during the halftime and at the end of the game so you can see game changing moments. Seeing another team get stopped on the goal line for when they needed to score and win, ect.

I can't wait to see how the commentary is implemented into NBA 2k10 this year. That alone has me excited and EA really needs to start pushing new boundaries instead of another gimmick that really doesn't add much to their game.

How about working weather that changes during the game. How about clouds moving across the field *cough* NFL 2k5. How about NEW COMPLETE COMMENTARY! How about players getting dirty in the mud and the field degrading. How about in-game saves for us with busy lives. How about players slipping during the rain or snow. How about players moving slower in the snow. How about players dropping and fumbling more in the rain and snow. How about giving us something different for each game instead of the same stadium rotation before the coin-toss. How about actual stadium sounds and music for each stadium instead of some crappy music that I don't listen to in the menu system. PRESENTATION ADDS REPLAY VALUE.......insert MLB The Show or NFL 2k5 and maybe NBA 2k10 for example.
I see guys slip mostly with the guys with a low release rating or route running rating. I also see fumbles in both good and bad weather games.

Again, I'm not saying the game is perfect and yes the atmosphere and presentation needs to be completely overhauled but the game play is pretty damn solid IMO.

I would suggest staying away from Heisman and AA level and just try to enjoy Varsity level with adjusted sliders and you'll see a lot more realistic things happening on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #24
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

If there is not a huge overhaul of the dynasty mode then I'm out for the first time since 99. I will no longer pay $60 for the same game I have. I'm not one that is wowed by graphics. I want a dynasty mode that has had little to no change made in years to get some work. Other game makers have showed what a sports game could be and how deep a dynasty mode can go. I'm not trying to hate on EA because I have always liked them but they are not giving me much choice. I have gone to EA's site and expresed my wishes for next years games and also on this site the past 2 years but none of the key things that get posted time and time again make the game. Why add something one year then take it out later to then add it a few years down the road like its some new thing. I'm now to old to fool and if they are making there game for the teen crowd then see if there number don't keep droping. They could please both side but I think they are just to lazy to try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »