Home

HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

This is a discussion on HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #65
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
After reading the pasta padre blurb about NCAA sales and how the game has dissappeared from the top 20 game sales along with all of the law suits and the general apathy towards this title, I fear that NCAA may be on its way out A mediocre game combined with plummeting sales is not a good combo. How many resources will be put into NCAA 11 if the sales continue to decline?
Which is all the more reason to make NCAA Madden JR.! Save on resources!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #66
stewaat

OVR:

Give me one good NCAA game and I'll be set for 5 years. Well maybe that's the reason they don't...you need to keep buying the new game!

Old 09-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
You are right on the money! I miss the in-game ticker for other games in my franchise. I would like to see how other teams in my conference are doing during the game instead of having to finish my game and sim their score. Where is the suspense of watching them blow a game in the 4th or make a comeback. Why not take us to watch the final minute of some of the games around the league back in the days on the Sega Genesis! That was probably one of the best things I have ever seen in a video game. It would happen during the halftime and at the end of the game so you can see game changing moments. Seeing another team get stopped on the goal line for when they needed to score and win, ect.

I can't wait to see how the commentary is implemented into NBA 2k10 this year. That alone has me excited and EA really needs to start pushing new boundaries instead of another gimmick that really doesn't add much to their game.

How about working weather that changes during the game. How about clouds moving across the field *cough* NFL 2k5. How about NEW COMPLETE COMMENTARY! How about players getting dirty in the mud and the field degrading. How about in-game saves for us with busy lives. How about players slipping during the rain or snow. How about players moving slower in the snow. How about players dropping and fumbling more in the rain and snow. How about giving us something different for each game instead of the same stadium rotation before the coin-toss. How about actual stadium sounds and music for each stadium instead of some crappy music that I don't listen to in the menu system. PRESENTATION ADDS REPLAY VALUE.......insert MLB The Show or NFL 2k5 and maybe NBA 2k10 for example.

WOW!!!!! I had to post this and say you nailed it on your last paragraph. If the developers just listened to what you said right there we could possibly have the most complete NCAA game ever. But I doubt that would ever happen. We would probably get 1 thing you mentioned added in each year and it would be touted as a brand new feature. Oh well I can only dream of having these things.

I still like this year's gameplay but it slowly faded out of my gaming rotation this year. I gotta fire it back up. I miss the Broadcast Camera
Old 09-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #68
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksolo12
WOW!!!!! I had to post this and say you nailed it on your last paragraph. If the developers just listened to what you said right there we could possibly have the most complete NCAA game ever. But I doubt that would ever happen. We would probably get 1 thing you mentioned added in each year and it would be touted as a brand new feature. Oh well I can only dream of having these things.

I still like this year's gameplay but it slowly faded out of my gaming rotation this year. I gotta fire it back up. I miss the Broadcast Camera
Thanks and yes the Broadcast Camera is another option that needs to be added back. Even the PA announcer with his commentary has not changed in nearly a decade.

I am just afraid that EA is going to lose the NCAA market unless they start making changes that really bring enjoyment back to the game again. Sales are going down and the economy is not the lone reason.
EA needs to go back to their roots with what worked and what many enjoyed.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Ok whats the difference between college and pros on-field?

Playcalling
Speed
Less fundamentals
Dual QB's

Why shouldnt both games play more alike?
Talent distribution.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #70
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Talent distribution.
Somebody already said that! But my point is that those differences dont require a different engine to represent them.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-18-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
Sales of the game says otherwise
Sales of this game have been horrendous. NCAA 10 has roughly sold 1.03 million copies. 09 sold 1.83 million. NCAA 10 will not reach the mark of 1.83. I guess adding Team Builder, Season Showdown, and Game Planning (Dumbest feature ever in the history of NCAA) did EA a whole lot of good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #72
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

I find myself just staring at the game and then saying f-it! I'm not wasting my time on that trash... I think EA is finally really close to retiring me from gaming. Football is all I have & they are seriously underachieving

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »