Home

Trouble with formation audibles (quick / PA / deep) ...

This is a discussion on Trouble with formation audibles (quick / PA / deep) ... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Trouble with formation audibles (quick / PA / deep) ...

I have trouble with all three of the types of passes that are in quick audibles. I know what the plays are ... it is just that I need some advice on how to make them work.

QUICK PASS: This is always some type of slant pattern. I am nervous about these passes because I throw too many interceptions. What should I look for to make this work? Should I let my QB complete his dropback - or do I need to stop him sooner and throw the ball sooner? What should I look for to decide which player is the correct target for the pass?

PA PASS: I love to run the ball ... so the "you need to run to set up PA" is not really my problem. When is the right time to call for the PA pass? If I see blitz I do not think I should call for PA - my QB gets sacked before he can finish the fake and set to throw. Which target am I looking to throw to (assuming I am not sacked)? What are the keys that say "now is the right time to call for a PA pass"?

DEEP PASS: I cannot complete a deep pass at all (regardless of if it was a formation audible) - so I am hesitant to call for this anyway. Again - what should I look for to tell me "the deep pass is the right choice"? How should I throw it so that it has a chance of being caught? What am I looking for from the defense in the match-up?

I am OK with the run choices - no problem there.

Oh - I am still on NCAA09 (if that matters).

Thanks for any help - I need it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

sell445's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Trouble with formation audibles (quick / PA / deep) ...

Quick Pass: Look for the slant route if you notice that the LB's may be blitzing. Blitzing LB's open up the middle of the field and makes the defense vulnerable to slant patterns.

PA Pass: This is best used in obvious running situations such as 1st down or 2nd/3rd and short yardage. In real life, the play action pass does help slow down a blitz a little as it will cause blitzers and pass rushers to freeze for a second, however in a video game it does not have the same effect as the blitzers in NCAA will just ignore the RB continue on to nail the QB on play action.

Deep Pass: Will work if you know there is a blitz coming and you see the safeties are lining up to cover a WR/TE/RB in man-to-man coverage. Without the safeties playing a deep zone, you're WR's should have one-on-one coverage and that is your best chance to complete a long pass. Only throw long if you notice that it will be one-on-one or if the WR is wide open. You will want to lead your receiver downfield with your pass and don't wait too long to throw the ball as your WR will outrun the distance that your QB can throw to ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »