Home

A couple of recruiting suggestions for 11.

This is a discussion on A couple of recruiting suggestions for 11. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: A couple of recruiting suggestions for 11.

I really wish they would change how players are evaluated during recruiting. The typical high school school team is comprised of running backs and linemen; top tier teams have QBs, but that's it.

-Taller running backs play receiver, tight end and defensive end
-Smaller running backs play corner and safety
-Offensive linemen play on the dline and vice versa
-Running backs and linebackers are interchangeable but usually play one position more than the other.

This is high school football and this should be reflected in recruiting, high school players aren't so specialized in their positions that they can't be moved to other positions with little to no ratings drop. But in order for recruiting to be realistic, height and weight have to be factored into ratings and game physics.

It sounds incredibly cheesy but we should be able to move players around to virtually any position and only take rating hits based on the player's height and weight.

Last edited by prowler; 09-13-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #10
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: A couple of recruiting suggestions for 11.

I haven't played Next-Gen NCAA yet but here's what I would add. Please tell me if these things are in the game or not...

I would get rid of the Impact Player and add a LEADER. The impact player is fine but its just for that individual player. The LEADER would influence the whole team (offensive or defensive side of the ball). I'm not sure how to implement the leader but I think it would make the game so much better. Perhaps have during the course of a time out, you have an option to Pep Talk Leader (or Fire Up The Troops). Anyway when that is done the team would have the "possibility" (should be no guarantee of results)of making plays. You don't want it to guarantee a boost in playmaking you do want it to be the equivalent as a money play (like the I-Formation Fake FB Toss from many, many moons ago). Just something to where it does not seem too cheesy.

Throw in a nice animation to where the team is huddled on the field or on the sidelines and there's a guy getting the team fired up, and its money

Oops, I'm sorry , my post is related to game changes, not recruiting. My bad.

Last edited by Mangum; 09-14-2009 at 08:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »