Home

Schedules

This is a discussion on Schedules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you edit your Schedule
Yes Always 39 72.22%
No Never 8 14.81%
I only take out the Div. 2 schools 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Schedules

I only take out the FCS _______(Direction here) teams. I had rather have an open week then to have to play a made up team.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I always look up the future schedules and put the real games in when I can. EA somewhat does this, but they can't even get conference schedules right. I'd rather they spend time getting those to not be broken(for once) before they worry about making sure they got that Tennessee-Oregon home and home in the game in like 8 years or whenever that is.

The poll logic doesn't seem to care if you beat #1, #2, #3 and #4 in your OOC schedule.

Last year I built up Army, I was pre-season #10. I scheduled #1 Ohio State for my first game, beat them, and was still ranked behind them in Week 2. I moved up to #2 with 3 games to go. Undefeated Hawaii was somewhere around #20. They had 3 losing teams left. They jumped something like 20 to 12 to 6 to 2 and passed me.

First off great roster Tovarich...But

Why does every thread have to turn into a complaining thread I know the Logic is messed up but that wasnt the question...

but I really love your rosters...
Old 09-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

You said you played too hard of a schedule to make the title game, so I felt compelled to point out to you that the game logic doesn't reward it anyway. You can take or leave my advice. I answered your question first, then I told a story that seemed relevant to your post. My bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #12
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

I usually schedule one game with a middle of the road team every season. I also always schedule at least one highly ranked team (top 5). After two seasons I still haven't managed to get my small school into a BCS game. Close but I can never quite crack the top 12.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
You said you played too hard of a schedule to make the title game, so I felt compelled to point out to you that the game logic doesn't reward it anyway. You can take or leave my advice. I answered your question first, then I told a story that seemed relevant to your post. My bad.

No Tovarich its my BAD!! after re-reading your post I see what your saying now! The logic is so screwed up that your telling me if Im pre-season number 4 put all FCS games for my OOC games and and go 12-0, or I put the top 10 teams in it wont really matter?? Its a shame if this is true...

Say if I go 11-2 with the A+ schedule against goin 12-0 with C- schedule, logic would tell you the 11-2 team should be ranked higher but in this game it wont matter.. Is this what your telling me??
Old 09-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #14
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i always change mine. I try to toughen it up and sometimes it bites me but thats part of the game.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I try to keep the schedules as close to their real life identical as much as possible. The only changes I usually make is to get rid of the FCS games in exchange for the toughest opponent available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 37

Come on... seriously... does anyone really play the generic FCS teams? And, for those who play generic FCS teams, why?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »