Home

Gamespeed too fast

This is a discussion on Gamespeed too fast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Gamespeed too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Agree....the speed of the pass/ball makes it impossible to make a play on a passed ball giving me the feeling that I'm not really controlling the outcome or that my stick skills are irrelivant to the success or failure of a given play. You just don't have time to react to a passed ball.
Totally agree. Made playing defense feel useless and frustrating at the same time. That was my biggest complaint along with the camera.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Totally agree. Made playing defense feel useless and frustrating at the same time. That was my biggest complaint along with the camera.

Just as a test, go back to last gen NCAA or Madden...on a passed ball you can switch to a man, it gives you control of the appropriate guy, and you still have time to straffe and swat or jump to intercept...that's where "next gen" needs to get...in my mind that's the litmus test, when they get that right they'll be back on track.

As it is now, to add to your comment, you can't even manually control a man on defense and stay with a WR and get in between him and the ball and make a play...on last gen I could identify a WR or TE and manually control my defender and take that guy away by sticking to him...can't do that on next gen. The speed of the pass and I would add the "floaty" controls are a problem as well.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Re: Gamespeed too fast

You guys are certainly entitled to your opinion but the game IMO is just fine on the speed.I tried playing madden and it's just too damn SLOW!In a football game you have to have some sense of acceleration and collision.In madden I feel like everyone is running under water.I hate it and it's the main reason I didn't buy it.JMO

Last edited by TylerDurdenVol; 09-22-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #20
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Back to Ncaa. If they don't patch in slower gamespeed, I am trading this bad boy.
better start heading gamestops direction. i let them know you are on your way.

Speaking of game speed on madden, i'm stuck between Slow and Normal.

my question is, if you play on slow does it not only slow down the action on the field, does it also slow down button response?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurdenVol
You guys are certinly entitled to your opinion but the game IMO is just fine on the speed.I tried playing madden and it's just too damn SLOW!In a football game you have to have some sense of acceleration and collision.In madden I feel like everyone is running under water.I hate it and it's the main reason I didn't buy it.JMO
Madden isn't much better in allowing a person to play "manual" defense and make a play on the ball. The slower speed just helps on certain occasions. The speed in NCAA just makes it more difficult/impossible. IMO more than speed, it's more of a control problem overall...play last gen for 30 seconds and it's apparent right away that in next gen you don't have as tight control over the player you're controlling on defense. I think that's the biggest gripe overall...but the speed of the pass on next gen (speficially NCAA) does seem disporportionatly fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
IMO more than speed, it's more of a control problem overall...play last gen for 30 seconds and it's apparent right away that in next gen you don't have as tight control over the player you're controlling on defense. I think that's the biggest gripe overall...but the speed of the pass on next gen (speficially NCAA) does seem disporportionatly fast.
You are probably right. For whatever reason I was able to defend the pass much better as a safety or LB on the PS2. On the PS3 I always seem to be a step or two late or over running the play.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurdenVol
You guys are certinly entitled to your opinion but the game IMO is just fine on the speed.I tried playing madden and it's just too damn SLOW!In a football game you have to have some sense of acceleration and collision.In madden I feel like everyone is running under water.I hate it and it's the main reason I didn't buy it.JMO
its like guys are moving in slow motion. There is no sense of speed in that game. I should not have enough time to snap the ball, go make a sandwich, come back and decide which hole i should run to, go take a piss, then come back and actually run through that hole. Now thats a stretch but you get my point. Football is a fast and violent game. Madden is a slow and unviolent game. Pro tak sounded nice, but there are too many bear hug tackles where 3 guys surround a player like they're trying to keep him warm instead of being physical. NCAA has the speed of the game right, like someone else said, maybe the ball speed in the air can be slightly slower but not much.

look how slow this is and how much time you have to decide what to do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsPtLcbYIow

and at 2:34 where Stewart breaks a 4 man tackle
Old 09-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You are probably right. For whatever reason I was able to defend the pass much better as a safety or LB on the PS2. On the PS3 I always seem to be a step or two late or over running the play.
Same here. And I like to control a LB..on next gen it's ok for stopping the run, but by controlling the LB that literally opens that specific zone up (or leaves the man coverage guy that is assigned to that LB wide open). Even if you're uber disciplened and you stay in the defenders zone and the cpu passes to that area, there's nothing you can do about it. Other than sit and watch the pass whisle buy your guy if by chance you happen to get close to the play. To make matters worse, your user controlled player will not jump or swat when you hit the button...unless the pass happens to be this slow arcing pass, then it works sometimes. Even in those cricumstances it feels like the cpu is the one doing the jumping/swating, not me controling it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »