Home

Just played NCAA 06...

This is a discussion on Just played NCAA 06... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Just played NCAA 06...

Um, I hope you guys mean NCAA 06 for the XBox (or even PS2). Most, if not all, of the 06 and 07 sports games on current-gen were garbage.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:16 AM   #10
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
Um, I hope you guys mean NCAA 06 for the XBox (or even PS2). Most, if not all, of the 06 and 07 sports games on current-gen were garbage.
they didn't start NCAA on this gen until 07
Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

The only thing I didn't like about 06 was the deep ball being automatic. Even with coach sliders max conservative, the CPU would still chuck it deep every game, and it was usually a completion.

07 was good too, but the momentum meter could be a gamekiller. It could be almost nullified with the right sliders, though.

Every NCAA after 07 has been crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #12
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamTiger
The only thing I didn't like about 06 was the deep ball being automatic. Even with coach sliders max conservative, the CPU would still chuck it deep every game, and it was usually a completion.

07 was good too, but the momentum meter could be a gamekiller. It could be almost nullified with the right sliders, though.

Every NCAA after 07 has been crap.
I agree with you here. NCAA 07, imo, was perhaps the best college game, but the momentum meter was just out of this world. Once the CPU had the meter full and you were on offense, watch out. I remember that every single one of my OL were laid out in almost every single play. Its really almost impossible to stop them, especially if you were playing a powerhouse with a lower ranked team.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #13
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I would have to agree. I have been playing a little 05 for regular xbox and I love the game. 06 was amazing as I recall. I loved the idea in 07 of the momentum meter it was just a little too much. I did enjoy 08 on 360 for the most part.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #14
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

Yeah, CPU +5 momentum on defense = turnovers galore. I finally figured out how to somewhat control it by maxing out human run sliders so that your linemen could still somewhat block and your HB wouldn't fumble every time he got hit. Sometimes you still coughed it up though.

If the CPU was on offense, you just turned down the CPU blocking, RB ability, and QB accuracy. That way you wouldn't always have unstoppable CPU drives. But again, sometimes it still didn't matter. When ROBO decides to win, there's nothing you can do about it.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Ok, I recently played 06 and, yes, the cut scenes are great, celebrations are cool, and general atmosphere is great, but gameplay wise that game is not very good by next gen standards. NCAA 10 is way way ahead in gameplay. Now, if they could only reintroduce atmosphere.

4 years and counting...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #16
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

When I got home, I hooked up the old black Xbox and fired up NCAA 2004 as I was in a nostalgic mood thanks to this thread. We can add NCAA 2004 to the list. The gameplay is fantastic, but it lacks all the newer features that made dynasty mode great in 06 and 07:

1. No rotating schedules, so it gets boring playing the same teams every year in dynasty mode.

2. 55 man rosters. Injuries will kill you in this game.

3. No suspensions.

4. No impact players, though that might be a plus when you combine it with the momentum meter.

5. No in-season recruiting.

6. Teams in wrong conferences and missing a few newer teams in D1

Now, what it does have is:

1. No momentum meter. Huge for me as every game in 07 was a turnover-fest.

2. Realistic gameplay. Kickers will actually miss kicks and the players don't run around like ants on steroids. Pursuit angles are much better.

3. Sliders that actually work.

I think I can live with the negatives though. I actually started a new CPU vs CPU dynasty in 04 last night after testing sliders for a few games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »