Home

Just played NCAA 06...

This is a discussion on Just played NCAA 06... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #49
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Just played NCAA 06...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
I just fired up NCAA 06 on my old Xbox a few nights ago. I'm running a Flexbone Option based offense (See: Navy Playbook) and it's a BLAST. With some reasonably tough sliders I'm 1-1 in my first season with the Washington Huskies. I lost to UTEP 24-7 trying to use a normal approach offensively. Won 21-14 against Air Force with a last minute TD.

Air Force is a C+ team while Washington is a B team and I really had to fight. I know it's going to take me multiple years to contend in the Pac 10. I might start over once I iron out the sliders though. I don't like the offensive passing game so the deep ball being easy doesn't bother me.

It's not perfect but it's incredibly fun. Running is a bit too easy but it's also natural and exciting. I'm going to take the Flexbone to the top.
The flexbone is an awesome offense to run, extremely fun. I remember I used it in one of my dynasties with a low level team a year or two ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamTiger
My dad did an all-sim dynasty once and finally got to the end, and he got a plaque for finishing 60 seasons.
Dude had some dedication
Old 10-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #50
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
The flexbone is an awesome offense to run, extremely fun. I remember I used it in one of my dynasties with a low level team a year or two ago.

Dude had some dedication
Yeah, I've never made it anywhere close to that. I usually played half of my games per season and simmed half, so I only made it 10-15 years per dynasty before I got bored and quit. Then I would come back to the game months later and forget where I was in my old dynasty and would always delete and restart.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #51
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm back to using 07 and am enjoying every bit of it. Started a season with Temple and barely escaped a loss by beating buffalo 21-20 (they missed a 49 yard attempt as time expired). I just wish I could turn off the momentum meter.

Anyways, I have always been an "air it out" type of player. I typically attempt between 40-50 passes per game using a no-huddle offense. Although I don't have the personnel to air it out with Temple, I still managed to to complete 25-45 for 243 yards, 2 TD, and 2 INTs against a poor defense. Next up? #8 Louisville.

Thank god for formation subs. This alone perhaps gave me the slight advantage as I was able to exploit Buffalo by using Bruce Francis in the slot during 5 WR sets and use Jason Harpers speed when the D was lined up in Dime. Fantastic game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #52
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

I tried playing NCAA 06 the xbox version on the 360 since it has the compatibility or whatever, but whenever I play a game it's really laggy and clearly I'm playing offline. Anyone else have a problem with this? I tried the exact same disk on a xbox and it worked fine, just not on the 360.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
I tried playing NCAA 06 the xbox version on the 360 since it has the compatibility or whatever, but whenever I play a game it's really laggy and clearly I'm playing offline. Anyone else have a problem with this? I tried the exact same disk on a xbox and it worked fine, just not on the 360.
I had this problem as well. It's not fully functional on the 360. You have to play it on the regular xbox unless you want to deal with that or do a sim-only dynasty.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

One other thing - how hard is it to get fired? Namely, once you've won a few titles at a school will you get canned immediately for a sub .500 season?

I've always turned off contracts in the past but I think the fear of keeping my job at a given school would make close games extra exciting.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #55
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
One other thing - how hard is it to get fired? Namely, once you've won a few titles at a school will you get canned immediately for a sub .500 season?

I've always turned off contracts in the past but I think the fear of keeping my job at a given school would make close games extra exciting.
I've been unfairly canned before, and I usually just create another coach identical to my first coach and take over the same school. I was at SJSU once in a dynasty and got fired after only two seasons. First season, 2-10. Second season, 4-8, and I got fired. I didn't think that was realistic since I had a better record in season 2, so I just recreated myself and took back over the same team.

As for the new (old) coach, he ended up 6-6 in year 3 and 7-5 in year 4 with a bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #56
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

yeah 06 was the best.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »