Home

The #1 thing that needs to be added on offense and defense

This is a discussion on The #1 thing that needs to be added on offense and defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
The #1 thing that needs to be added on offense and defense

I'm sure everybody would have differing opinions but if I could pick one thing to add to both the offense and defense, it'd be as follows:

Offense: The ability for the receivers to "drift" after they get to the termination of their route. Receivers with high AWR would naturally gravitate to open points in the zone after they do a hook (instead of just standing there!). A halfback doing a quick curl in the flat would be able to drift to an open area either further out, or inside, in order to get open. IMO would really make the AWR rating count. (what i mean by drift, is facing the QB, sort of side stepping or whatever...)

Defense: The ability for the player to shade his corners to the inside or outside of the receiver, either as a group or individually. This would help with stopping the slant against people who like to run that ad nauseum. Also, in certain situations, a receiver with good route running should still be able to fake him out and get to the inside, that adds some optional animations that EA could include there.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Hellisan; 09-19-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The #1 thing that needs to be added on offense and defense

hey dude. good to see you're still around after the maddenmania debacle. i agree about the receivers. the standing around is very apparent on a hook or a curl. then again, i think EA has obscured the meaning of "awareness" enough that they could probably just get rid of it rather than making us try to figure out exactly what it does. there have been a boatload of improvements this year, but they still have a long way to go. personally, i think they should take a couple of years and really get the game polished instead of cranking out mediocrity every year.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would like it if an uncovered slot receiver would slow down in the hole instead of sprinting for the safety so he gets jacked when the ball gets there.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
Rookie

Lee.Flex's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Defense: The ability for the player to shade his corners to the inside or outside of the receiver, either as a group or individually. This would help with stopping the slant against people who like to run that ad nauseum. Also, in certain situations, a receiver with good route running should still be able to fake him out and get to the inside, that adds some optional animations that EA could include there.
Thats a good idea. Would be awesome if a DB could shade a receiver to the inside, but it would work even better if a DB shaded the WR to the inside, the WR runs a go route and the QB had the ability to put the ball over his outside shoulder. It would really change some reads at the QB position and the defense could disguise their coverages by putting a DB in position to cover the inside of a receiver but then break off into zone coverage.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Fantastic ideas Hellisan. Against zones, WRs are supposed to sit down in open areas and yet WRs (in every football game) have always just stopped when their route was done, even if completely blanketed or standing next to a zone defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 04:41 AM   #6
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Fantastic ideas Hellisan. Against zones, WRs are supposed to sit down in open areas and yet WRs (in every football game) have always just stopped when their route was done, even if completely blanketed or standing next to a zone defender.
Thanks man. I just think it would be great if a guy that had (for example) 90 OVR, 85 spd, 85 AWR and 85 route running was useful... I think they kind of did it with Madden. When i was playing it, hoos-your-mama seemed pretty good despite being slow.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Hellisan, I definitely agree that the WRs need some awareness when the play breaks down. I've been saying this about Madden too. Especially on curl routes, WRs just sit there covered.

Offense: More uniqueness between teams. Since so many teams are running zone reads out of the shotgun and being very successful with it, I'd like to see the blocking and defensive reactions actually work in the game. Have the OLine create some holes; have a DE crash down so the QB can keep and have running room. And since so many teams are running a no huddle, give us a new way of running no huddle with the majority of the playbook available. (That's more than one).

Defense: Please just expand the playbooks: More stunts, blitzes, zone combinations. And create a DE/OLB hybrid position.

Last edited by Palo20; 09-22-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

One formation substitution on defense I would like is in the quarters defense. I would like to replace the one linebacker in the formation with a cornerback. When the CPU uses 5 wide sets I'm left trying to cover a slot reciever with a LB. Not pretty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »