Home

New Ratings system needed bad...

This is a discussion on New Ratings system needed bad... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
New Ratings system needed bad...

OK i play NCAA A LOT! and love it...
however somethings drive me crazy...
when you use a 4-3 or 3-4 the ratings should differ between the same players...

you Tennessee for example...
You have Ben Martin DE hes a mid 80's guy in the 4-3... thats great... but in the 3-4 because hes not strong his rating should drop closer to a 75... but if you move him to LB his rating should bump to closer to a 88...

Where as a Guy like Andre Mathis...
hes only like a 80 DT in the 4-3 he should be more like a
87 in the 3-4 if moved to DE...

im saying system on defense should matter...
and when u move a DE to DT they shouldnt jump 5-6 points with 61 speed and 80 str... they should become a marginal guy... and any DT that moves to DE shouldnt have 20 points knocked off of thier overall...
I love useing 4 DT's on my line with 1 Bigger MLB and 2 faster OLB's
its a system that works VERY well for me... I hate feeling scared to play those 65 DE's (converted DT's) when i sim a game...
and cornerbacks should make better safeties not the other way around...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 02:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New Ratings system needed bad...

oh ya QB's
just because a guy has 85 speed shouldnt raise his rating 10 points...
speed needs to count for a lot less at QB... speed is great but just overrated... a guy with 80 spd 85thp and 80 tha is just not as good as a 65 speed guy with 96/90
Old 09-20-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Just in general, you have to ignore the OVR and look for the ratings that will play well on the field. I run a lot of 3-4, so a big, slow defensive end with great strength and block shedding is valuable to me even though he might be a mid 70's OVR to start out with instead of a guy I could recruit with speed that's an 80+... Just have to think in terms of your scheme etc.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

So... pretty much what NFL Head Coach 09 has with philosophies? That'd be cool to see it implanted in Madden or NCAA.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

... They need to apply those philosophies/schemes to the depth charts as well... Running a 4-2-5 gets annoying when the depth chart doesn't adjust... If someone gets injured it throws everything off... But yes, ratings and depth charts should definetly be adjusted to philosophy/scheme... Formation subs would be a nice addition too, just throwing it in there for the billionth time...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

Even when you sub in your second string on Defense. If I run the Dime, they throw some random WR in as my 2nd CB, with a 40 OVR as a Corner. He gets burnt every time ... it's like watching Fernando Bryant play.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeskCoder
Even when you sub in your second string on Defense. If I run the Dime, they throw some random WR in as my 2nd CB, with a 40 OVR as a Corner. He gets burnt every time ... it's like watching Fernando Bryant play.
The same thing happens with your 2nd team on offense when you've got a bunch of WRs in there. They'll stick some corners in there to play WR.

That's one of the reasons I don't use mass subs. The other reason is that with mass subs you can't have 2 HBs play in different formations using the sub HB package. When I want my subs to play, I just go in and redo my entire depth chart. It's obviously a lot more time consuming, but it allows me ot get the correct subs in there.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I have hated the rating system for years now. For me ratings don't mean much. I can't see a difference from a 95 throwing acc QB and one that has a 85 rating. They need make the ovr ratings lower. They need a Madden or NCAA Basketball type where there are very few 90+, a few 80+, and some 70+, and more 69 and below rated players. Incoming freshmen need to be toned down. System should come into play like said. I run a 3-4 but with the way it is now you don't have to move a DT to DE just play a 235lbs DE at his position and you will see no difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »