Home

I will not buy the game if run commit is back next year

This is a discussion on I will not buy the game if run commit is back next year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #25
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I will not buy the game if run commit is back next year

play the pass gives your d-line a good chance of swatting the ball down at the line of scrimmage, it also gives your DBs a better chance of knocking the ball out of the WRs hands after the catch. this is what I have noticed...

Its all total crap. Play the pass would be okay if it allowed your opponent to run well. As it is now though, there is almost no risk. you can call play the pass every play and still stop the run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd689
The only thing this should be used for is just crashing a certain direction. Run commit is a nice feature but it should only put your guys in a position to stop the run if you guess right... not completely blow the oline away and get penetration everytime... It was a good idea but unfortunately EA's one good idea usually ruins everything... kind of like their patches...
I agree, committing to the run on a running play should put guys in position to make a play, but should not totally blow up the o-line. That is not realistic at all. Many of EA's features, although well intentioned, are way over the top...almost "Tecmo-like". I guess it all goes back to this game being a video game first and a football game second.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Its outlawed in our league for a reason. How can it not bother you?
With good owners it shouldn't be outlawed. Kind of gay to outlaw anything. If it is 3rd and 1 or 4th and inches, and I know my opponent will run then why shouldn't I be allowed to run commit up the middle? Anyone can get 3rd or 4th and short by running the ball up the middle.

I hate the feature, but come on, it is worth while in short yardage situations and other situations.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Is pass commit also cheesy? I only play offline, so never use run commit as the CPU is pretty weak. But I do use pass commit as I can't stop the pass to save my life.
I don't know if it is in my head (I never use run commit) but when I use pass commit I see LB's shift themselves to better cover their man or zone before the snap. Sometimes if a player isn't lined up with their receiver I see them drift closer to them after holding the pass commit. Like I said it could be in my head but it seems like it just sets your players up to expect pass and make their coverage set pre snap.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #29
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Very few console sports games seem to get the risk/reward aspect correctly. I have been gaming since Atari, and I am still waiting for a football game that has playbook where all the plays can be used. In any game, there are at least a handful of plays that are $$$, so I don't use them. Then there are a bunch of plays pretty much doomed to fail, so those aren't too fun.

Any "New" feature is almost a lock to be overpowered with few downsides. This goes back as far as the "One Timer" feature on NHL 94 (or maybe 95??).

So yeah, I agree. This would be a much better feature if a team was penalized for guessing wrong on a commit.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #30
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Dumbest feature ever, and completely ruins the game for online play. Gameplay is solid and fairly entertaining otherwise, but dealing with this crap just completely kills the experience. No idea how anybody ever thought this was a good idea.
Post of the year 100% agreement
Old 09-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #31
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

The idea was pretty good, but the implementation was poorly executed. Too "arcadish" to be in a simulation football game.

It reminds of other NCAA features that had good intentions, but weren't too overdone, i.e. Jump The Snap, Momentum Meter of '07, Impact Players of '06, etc.

Tone it down for next year and make it more realistic and maybe you'll have something pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it was said best earlier in this thread. With fire blitzes, and the ability to pinch/spread out your line, there's really no need for a run commit. And it's way overpowered. But here's the problem. We have online and cpu players arguing this issue, and it's not going to be the same feeling on it. Against another human, there is a risk if you haven't noticed. I have run committed middle to only have it be an outside run for a big gain. And I have gotten beaten deep on PA and on regular pass plays on run commit, just as i have done the same to others. What does suck if i run some regular underneath type play, and the person run commits it's probably not going to effect them.

Now obviously, if someone is in quarters with only 3 down lineman, you might not beat them deep. But consider the flats will be open right away on any run commit, and that if someone is going to sit there and do that you can take advantage of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »