Home

Predetermined outcomes?

This is a discussion on Predetermined outcomes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you feel certain games/plays are already determined before you even snap the ball?
Yes 31 40.79%
No 34 44.74%
Yes, but only in franchise mode 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #25
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Predetermined outcomes?

I just started a Miami franchise earlier today and made it to the Georgia Tech game. I lost (which is fine) but Nesbitt threw for 380+ yards. This was due to his WR's making insane catch after insane catch the entire game over. I'm talking catches one-handed, catches while being flipped, hit, and stuffed like there was no tomorrow.

GT dropped 30 on me which is all fine and dandy, but I just got the feeling that GT was supposed to win this one. Also, GT is a running team, so it was just odd to watch them abuse me in the passing game like that, with every other catch being a forced circus catch.

Still a great game though. The Florida State game played nothing like it, so I can't complain too much.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Mind flare, dont fret man, I know exactly what you're talking about. I dont get the same feeling with Madden this year either.

It still seems to happen in NCAA though. Not as bad as previous versions but it still happens sometimes. It even happens in MY favor, and when it does, I call bull**** just the same as when the CPU does it to me.

I'm sitting there wondering how in the hell I'm making this amazing comeback all of a sudden, lol. Its very annoying, no matter if its in my favor or the CPUs.

I've done the switch controller thing also. It has nothing to do with me winning the game, because I've switched teams to get my cheat back, but I'll still lose the game. As long as the ****s fair and square, I'll take my losses, no problem.

I'm currently 1-5 in franchise season now, so that should let folks know that I aint doin it to win a game. I do it to get my get back when them ****ers start cheating.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

Yeah, I rarely do it and I don't want to have to do it. It's just frustrating trying to play SIM when CPU doesn't play SIM.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #28
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Idk what the problem is here. Imo it's a good thing that in some games the cpu plays perfect. Irl even bad teams will play a great game and beat a better team once in a while. You just gotta out score them and not throw stupid passes. I've had games like the ones you guys are talking about and pulled out the win. I've also lost some.

Switching the controller is absolute bs. That's what my 8 yr old cousin does. It's really no different than starting the game over if you're getting blown out.

... Oops I'm sorry guys. I forgot that in real life teams sometimes punt after a turnover. Just like on Saturday when Caroll called Sarkisian and asked him to punt... Give me a break. Do what you want but I would feel like the rest of that season was a fraud if I did that and won. Actually the next 5 years of the dynasty because of the potential recruit I might not have gotten if I lost the game.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 09-21-2009, 01:08 AM   #29
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
Idk what the problem is here. Imo it's a good thing that in some games the cpu plays perfect. Irl even bad teams will play a great game and beat a better team once in a while. You just gotta out score them and not throw stupid passes. I've had games like the ones you guys are talking about and pulled out the win. I've also lost some.

Switching the controller is absolute bs. That's what my 8 yr old cousin does. It's really no different than starting the game over if you're getting blown out.

... Oops I'm sorry guys. I forgot that in real life teams sometimes punt after a turnover. Just like on Saturday when Caroll called Sarkisian and asked him to punt... Give me a break. Do what you want but I would feel like the rest of that season was a fraud if I did that and won. Actually the next 5 years of the dynasty because of the potential recruit I might not have gotten if I lost the game.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:19 AM   #30
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
I'm assuming you're agreeing with me because of your previous posts on this thread but that pic seems like you're being sarcastic?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #31
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
I'm assuming you're agreeing with me because of your previous posts on this thread but that pic seems like you're being sarcastic?
No, I actually am in total agreement with you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 01:31 AM   #32
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
No, I actually am in total agreement with you
Yeah I thought you would be but the look on Stanley's face through me off. haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »