Home

Who do you use...

This is a discussion on Who do you use... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:09 AM   #9
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who do you use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker
The Washington Huskies!

Honestly, if you want a challenge, go with them. A program that used to have so much tradition and pride... In NCAA 2010, they are a three star program but the pieces are in place in real life for them to begin to rise among the great programs again. Locker is as fun of a QB to play with as there is in the game, they have solid running backs (Polk runs hard and is a RS Frosh), young and talented receivers, a young and talented TE with NFL potential written all over him (Kavario Middleton), an offensive line that needs work and a defense that can be hit or miss but has potential.

Recruiting with them can be a bit of a challenge, but you can still snag very good recruits.

I also love our uniforms and stadium... but that's me.

If you like creating real life recruits, the Huskies have some good ones coming in next season... Most namely Nick Montana, Joe's kid.
Thats sort of not very realistic. I mean, its definitely harder to recruit with UW then lets say USC, Florida or Texas, but UW can snag some big recruits. They have always had a big presence in California and the tradition there is excellent. I actually would not expect it to be tough to recruit with them and I find that rather interesting. Just like at ND, Willingham didnt do a horrible job recruiting and left Sark some good players just as he left Jabba some good players at ND. Thats why ND was good the first couple years under Jabba. UW will continuously get better with Sark, but he was not left with WSU talent there.

Locker is one of the best players in CFB for people who dont know. I dont know if he is rated higher then Pryor or others, but definitely better then him in real life. Kids been a stud, and I have had that opinion since he was a freshmen.

Ha that was cool how Nick, Trey, and Greitzkey came up to Seattle and won the day before the Huskies did.
For those of you that dont know Nick Montana is Jimmy Clausen's successor at Oaks Christian HS.

Basically, I agree with the UW guy.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 AM   #10
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMedia4SC
Thats sort of not very realistic. I mean, its definitely harder to recruit with UW then lets say USC, Florida or Texas, but UW can snag some big recruits. They have always had a big presence in California and the tradition there is excellent. I actually would not expect it to be tough to recruit with them and I find that rather interesting. Just like at ND, Willingham didnt do a horrible job recruiting and left Sark some good players just as he left Jabba some good players at ND. Thats why ND was good the first couple years under Jabba. UW will continuously get better with Sark, but he was not left with WSU talent there.

Locker is one of the best players in CFB for people who dont know. I dont know if he is rated higher then Pryor or others, but definitely better then him in real life. Kids been a stud, and I have had that opinion since he was a freshmen.

Ha that was cool how Nick, Trey, and Greitzkey came up to Seattle and won the day before the Huskies did.
For those of you that dont know Nick Montana is Jimmy Clausen's successor at Oaks Christian HS.

Basically, I agree with the UW guy.
I just said recruiting was a 'bit of a challenge.' Not a big one, but when you're recruiting against USC and Cal, it can be tough to haul in five star guys. I played one season of a dynasty before my current one, and I had a decent class with four 4* recruits, 12 3* recruits and the rest were 2* recruits. Pretty realistic and about par for the course when looking at U-Dub recruiting. I agree that it's not a big challenge but you won't constantly haul in top five recruiting classes with them.

Right on about Locker, the kid is going places... I just hope he does not declare after this season as I read an article that he is "shooting up draft boards." He's not ready for the NFL and needs this year and another one with Sark to develop his skills as a passer (where he still needs a lot of work).

Ty did do a decent job of recruiting to be sure, but he just couldn't put that talent together or develop it very well.

I am glad Montana laid it to Heaps... I was wanting Oaks to win that game solely for that reason. I hope the kid will be the real deal but the Huskies are definitely headed in the right direction.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:38 AM   #11
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I just said recruiting was a 'bit of a challenge.' Not a big one, but when you're recruiting against USC and Cal, it can be tough to haul in five star guys. I played one season of a dynasty before my current one, and I had a decent class with four 4* recruits, 12 3* recruits and the rest were 2* recruits. Pretty realistic and about par for the course when looking at U-Dub recruiting. I agree that it's not a big challenge but you won't constantly haul in top five recruiting classes with them.

Right on about Locker, the kid is going places... I just hope he does not declare after this season as I read an article that he is "shooting up draft boards." He's not ready for the NFL and needs this year and another one with Sark to develop his skills as a passer (where he still needs a lot of work).

Ty did do a decent job of recruiting to be sure, but he just couldn't put that talent together or develop it very well.

I am glad Montana laid it to Heaps... I was wanting Oaks to win that game solely for that reason. I hope the kid will be the real deal but the Huskies are definitely headed in the right direction.
I dont see Locker going early. I really dont. Especially if Bradford decides to go early. If Bradford leaves this year then Locker will be the #1 QB in the 2011 draft class.
Ty has been notorious for doing what he did at UW. I heard he was too into his golfing to really get anything done, which is sad. I did like him just because he does have class, but that team had far far far too much talent to go 0-12 even without Locker. They should not of lost to BYU either (stupid BS celebration penalty that was crap).

Hopefully Montana can have some time to settle in even if its just a year. Clausen came out of Oaks and really has yet to show much (sorry ND fans but putting up numbers against the worst pass defense in CFB and also Hawaii proves nothing), but I think Montana might be better. Sark is good with QBs, so I think he will end up being more successful in college.
Watch out for Sark's play calling though. He refuses to stick to any sort of running game, which may cost Washington in some games down the road. Thats the one down side to him. He loves his QBs and wants them to put up big numbers.
Sark's attitude and mental adjustments he brings to Washington is what is going to help them significantly in the short term before they can get even more serious talent on the field like they used to have in the early 90s and such.

Good game on saturday btw. I was there, it was sad, and Washington deserved to win after all the red zone turn overs we had and the way Corp played. That was embarrassing for him. If someone were to ask me if USC HAD to lose to one team this year I would of said Washington. Actually, at the beginning of the season, I pointed out that game to be the toughest game on SC's schedule and I might of been right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
Rookie

bmore7's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I took over the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers and gave them new uniforms and a new team name.

University of Minnesota North Stars!

I'm in Year 5, loving every game I play.
How did you change their uniforms etc?? Im probably an idiot and cant find it, but i dont see where you can do that for offline dynasty. Do you make your own team? Could i do this into my 2nd year dynasty?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #13
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore7
How did you change their uniforms etc?? Im probably an idiot and cant find it, but i dont see where you can do that for offline dynasty. Do you make your own team? Could i do this into my 2nd year dynasty?
Teambuilder.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 09-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

For my new Dynasty, I'm gonna use Washington. I updated all the rosters myself to reflect how the players are projected in the NFL Draft. My plan is to complete a season with my rosters and hopefully by then patch 2 will be released for Madden and I will have a solid REALISTIC draft class.

BTW, I'm from Texas and go to school in Alabama (roll tide), but I really like Jake Locker. I'm so glad U-Dub beat USC last week.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #15
Banned

codes's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm in a Mississippi State dynasty right now. I picked them because they have one of the toughest schedules in the nation and it won't be easy to win the conference championship in the 2nd or 3rd year of the dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #16
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
The Washington Huskies!

Honestly, if you want a challenge, go with them. A program that used to have so much tradition and pride... In NCAA 2010, they are a three star program but the pieces are in place in real life for them to begin to rise among the great programs again. Locker is as fun of a QB to play with as there is in the game, they have solid running backs (Polk runs hard and is a RS Frosh), young and talented receivers, a young and talented TE with NFL potential written all over him (Kavario Middleton), an offensive line that needs work and a defense that can be hit or miss but has potential.

Recruiting with them can be a bit of a challenge, but you can still snag very good recruits.

I also love our uniforms and stadium... but that's me.

If you like creating real life recruits, the Huskies have some good ones coming in next season... Most namely Nick Montana, Joe's kid.
I was going to say use them.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »