Home

Conference invite logic.

This is a discussion on Conference invite logic. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14
Conference invite logic.

Does anyone know which teams can get invites to which conferences? I'm in my third year of Dynasty and it's always been three years in the WAC and then off to the PAC Ten but I was wondering if I waited I could get a Big twelve invite. I know Idaho's kinda far away from the geographical location of the Big 12 but just wondering. Also, would the MWC send me an invite... What about MWC teams? Can they go either Big 12 or Pac 10 cause I'm thinking of starting a UNVL or Col St. Dynasty.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Conference invite logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
Does anyone know which teams can get invites to which conferences? I'm in my third year of Dynasty and it's always been three years in the WAC and then off to the PAC Ten but I was wondering if I waited I could get a Big twelve invite. I know Idaho's kinda far away from the geographical location of the Big 12 but just wondering. Also, would the MWC send me an invite... What about MWC teams? Can they go either Big 12 or Pac 10 cause I'm thinking of starting a UNVL or Col St. Dynasty.
Geographical location plays the biggest part. I think certain MWC team would match up for a Big-12 invite, say Colorado State or New Mexico.

I still think the conference invites are still unrealistic in that they happen way too fast. It would take more than 3 or 4 good seasons to get invited to join one of the BCS Conferences.

Not only that but seeing how the conferences are tied into more than just football, it would take a lot more than just having a poor football program to get booted from a conference.

I know someone is going to bring up Temple and the Big East. Temple was a basketball only member of the Big East, so letting their football program go, after it's decline, was more reasonable.

It is a pretty good twist for the game though.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 37

Two factors:

1. Geographic location

2. W-L record in the closest conference
** eg. is there a BAD team to replace?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #4
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
Geographical location plays the biggest part. I think certain MWC team would match up for a Big-12 invite, say Colorado State or New Mexico.

I still think the conference invites are still unrealistic in that they happen way too fast. It would take more than 3 or 4 good seasons to get invited to join one of the BCS Conferences.

Not only that but seeing how the conferences are tied into more than just football, it would take a lot more than just having a poor football program to get booted from a conference.

I know someone is going to bring up Temple and the Big East. Temple was a basketball only member of the Big East, so letting their football program go, after it's decline, was more reasonable.

It is a pretty good twist for the game though.
That's what I thought. I was just hoping for Boise State to be able to get a Big 12 invite. Don't really think it's possible.

When I do the MWC dynasty, I'm thinking Col St. will get a Big 12 invite.

Are there more than one possible BCS conference invites for certain teams like ECU going to ACC or Big East.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 10-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #5
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

thats a good question. never thought of that.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
That's what I thought. I was just hoping for Boise State to be able to get a Big 12 invite. Don't really think it's possible.

When I do the MWC dynasty, I'm thinking Col St. will get a Big 12 invite.

Are there more than one possible BCS conference invites for certain teams like ECU going to ACC or Big East.
Boise would go to the Pac-10

Yes Big East has the lowest conference prestige....So ECU would go to the Big East then the ACC...
Old 10-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

It does seem random at times. The first year of my dynasty, I was at FIU, and we finished 5-7. I got an invite to C-USA to replace UAB. I turned it down since we didn't have a winning record and I didn't think we deserved it.

The next two years, I had winning seasons, and won the Sunbelt in Year 3 with a New Orleans Bowl win. No invite either of those years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »