Home

Any patches for the 'lame duck' pass/int crap?

This is a discussion on Any patches for the 'lame duck' pass/int crap? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Any patches for the 'lame duck' pass/int crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
So let me get this straight. You're upset because when your quarterback gets hit as he throws, it becomes a duck? Uhh, that's what happens.

I don't understand your argument. You are "not throwing out of a sack" only throwing as you get hit? What's the difference?

Just take the sack
The issue is that it is unrealistic. If a d-player get's anywhere near you and you throw it, 9/10, it's gonna be a lame duck. It's way overdone in this game
Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
The issue is that it is unrealistic. If a d-player get's anywhere near you and you throw it, 9/10, it's gonna be a lame duck. It's way overdone in this game
Okay, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who throws before he gets hit. I see this once a game, if that. Just personal experience, I can't speak for the OP but for me its not a problem. Throw before you get hit.

IMO, this doesn't need to be "patched," just get rid of the ball!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Banned

codes's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
Okay, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who throws before he gets hit. I see this once a game, if that. Just personal experience, I can't speak for the OP but for me its not a problem. Throw before you get hit.

IMO, this doesn't need to be "patched," just get rid of the ball!
Its easy to get rid of the ball when you're playing as an elite team (Florida, USC) because your O-line can dominate just about anyone. But the poor pass blocking coupled with super speed DE's makes it hard to get the pass off in time. If you play as any team other than an elite team, every time you drop back to pass would result in a sack if we "Just take the sack" as you advocated in your previous post.

But seriously, I watched between 5-10 football games just this Saturday and I saw the QB's get hit as they were throwing and I didn't see a single instance of this happening. The ball was either thrown into the ground or thrown downfield and off-target. I never, and I mean NEVER saw the ball shoot straight up in the air and lazily float into the hands of the defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

They should make you fumble, or send it into the dirt for a chance at intentional grounding, can you even get called for that in this game? i dont think you can
Old 10-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2188
They should make you fumble, or send it into the dirt for a chance at intentional grounding, can you even get called for that in this game? i dont think you can
you can, but only if you hit the throw away button while in the pocket.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I guess that I belong in the "throw it before getting hit or take the sack" camp.

If this were the CPU throwing the ball, I could see an argument, but we're talking about the user throwing the ball. It's your choice of when or even if you throw the ball. You see the rush coming? Throw the ball or try to leave the pocket. There's no one open or the rush is too close? Don't throw it. That' 5-10 yard sack is way, way better than the pick 6.

That's the whole part that I don't understand. If you were new to the game and didn't know what happens if you throw while getting hit it's okay. But you're coming here, with the full knowledge of what happens if you throw the ball while getting hit, and yet you continue to do it.

The simple solution is to stop throwing the ball while getting hit.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

^^^That is the problem though, the CPU does it is as well.

Also nobody is pointing out the other issue with this that I notice. Sometimes wr or defenders with there head turned to the qb will magically turn around and go for the ball when this animation occurs.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I don't see it a whole lot. I usually just take the sack instead of trying to throw out of it. and when the animation does happen, it usually falls to the ground or is dropped by the defender. the dumb part is when the QB gets hit and the ball goes backwards for a lateral but it is called an incomplete pass instead of a fumble.
This post here is totally the common sense answer to the OP's question. Eat the ball or get rid of it sooner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »