Home

Any patches for the 'lame duck' pass/int crap?

This is a discussion on Any patches for the 'lame duck' pass/int crap? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Any patches for the 'lame duck' pass/int crap?

I LOVE NCAA 10...There is only 1 thing that drives me absolutely crazy...The qb hit, lame duck floater passes that ocur far too often, and are picked off by D lineman far too often...If this happened once in a while, like when I got railed on an all out blitz and tried to just get the pass off to my FB, I can live with that. But when I see that happen repeatedly (and way more often on AA or higher diff) it becomes something that just kills the game.

Especially when it's a great game, and all of a sudden a DL get the floaty pick that puts the opposing team in ridiculous field position it kills the 3 1/2 qtrs that were so good...(mind you, that over those 3 1/2 qtrs the lame ducks hit the ground...). The same craptastic qb hit lame duck floater happens in Madden, so I know it isn't JUST NCAA...But since the Madden team could care less, I'd hope the NCAA team would figure out a way to fix it.

I don't want to up my pass blocking or take down the defensive sliders, I just want my QB to not throw up lame, limp floaty ducks when they get hit repeatedly. Once in a while when the QB gets creamed, have at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Any patches for the 'lame duck' pass/int crap?

You say the Madden team doesnt care, but this happens WAY more in NCAA than in Madden. I've probably had one of those picked off by a D-linemen in Madden. When NCAA came out it was happening at least once a game. I think they knocked it down a bit in the second patch. But it's still there, and it's lame. I just dont get why EA feels the need to overkill every new feature. I mean, we'll see it eventually, but we dont need to see it 4-5 times a game
Old 10-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I HATE this annoying event and it happens far too often. It also opens up the Pick 6 with defensive lineman which is stupid.

This is totally unrealistic for how often it happens. It needs to be fixed but probably won't.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 10-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I don't see it a whole lot. I usually just take the sack instead of trying to throw out of it. and when the animation does happen, it usually falls to the ground or is dropped by the defender. the dumb part is when the QB gets hit and the ball goes backwards for a lateral but it is called an incomplete pass instead of a fumble.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I have it happen a lot when I'm on defense. One of my D-ends has 3 picks and took 2 back for TD's.

I have not made it through a dynasty and not had at least one of my D-ends have a pick due to this. I don't see it a ton when I'm on offense, but it's a problem for sure when I'm on defense. It just feels cheap to see the ball sail straight up like that.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
I have it happen a lot when I'm on defense. One of my D-ends has 3 picks and took 2 back for TD's.

I have not made it through a dynasty and not had at least one of my D-ends have a pick due to this. I don't see it a ton when I'm on offense, but it's a problem for sure when I'm on defense. It just feels cheap to see the ball sail straight up like that.
I see the duck throws when I'm on defense(too much really), but I just don't see many Ints from them. usually the d-line guy will attempt to pick it off and fail, then get all pissed off about it.

it must depend on the talent of the team then. with MTSU, it took til my 5th season to get a pick 6, and it was by a CB who is rated an 88(my best player on the team). I think my DL/DE might have 2 Ints in those 5 seasons, but I would have to go back and look at the stats to make sure. most my defensive Ints come from the LBs and Safeties. I got a few fumble returns for TDs though.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I don't see it a whole lot. I usually just take the sack instead of trying to throw out of it. and when the animation does happen, it usually falls to the ground or is dropped by the defender. the dumb part is when the QB gets hit and the ball goes backwards for a lateral but it is called an incomplete pass instead of a fumble.
I'm not trying to throw out of a sack...When my QB gets hit in the throwing motion it happens. I could see if I get creamed and I'm trying to let it fly, but that's not the case.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #8
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I'm not trying to throw out of a sack...When my QB gets hit in the throwing motion it happens. I could see if I get creamed and I'm trying to let it fly, but that's not the case.
So let me get this straight. You're upset because when your quarterback gets hit as he throws, it becomes a duck? Uhh, that's what happens.

I don't understand your argument. You are "not throwing out of a sack" only throwing as you get hit? What's the difference?

Just take the sack

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »