Home

Why do the generated recruits have such low speed, acceleration and agility ratings?

This is a discussion on Why do the generated recruits have such low speed, acceleration and agility ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Why do the generated recruits have such low speed, acceleration and agility ratings?

One of the first things I look for when recruiting in the game is speed but it really doesn't seem like there are enough generated recruits with elite speed. The rb and wr positions seem to have only couple of generated recruits with speed above a B+. The highest I have seen from the qb position is B speed. To me that there should be alot more recruits at those three positions with better speed. The positions on defense seem to have the same problem as well although they are a little bit better.

Even when I have been able to get guys with good speed I notice some of them have very low agility or acceleration ratings making them worthless. This seems to occur way too much at the rb and wr positions specifically. I remember having a 4 or 5 star wr with 91 speed but only 78 for both acceralation and aglity. Basically made the guy worthless.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #2
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Why do the generated recruits have such low speed, acceleration and agility ratin

I've never experienced these issues.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
MVP

Re: Why do the generated recruits have such low speed, acceleration and agility ratin

I am looking at my last recruiting class now. It includes fastest qb in the nation according to the 40 times and his speed rating came out as a 82 with 85 for acceleration. You don't find that too low for what is supposed to be the fastest qb in the recruiting pool?

Looking at the hb position I see a 4 star recruit with 90 speed but only an acceleration of 78. I also see a 3 star recruit with only a 70 agility rating and 85 acceleration rating.

Looking at the wr position I see a 3 star recruit with 70 for agility.

Your game generates recruits the same way mine does.

Edit: Just saw another perfect example a 5 star athlete with 96 speed but only 80 agility and 80 acceleration.

Last edited by mgoblue678; 10-05-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:50 AM   #4
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

None of that has ever happened to me. All the players have fine agility to go with their speed. Theres usually 1-3 B+ speed QBs, and a LOT of B and B- speed QBs. Quite a few A- speed WR's/RB's with a few A speeds. Same with CBs.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah man you're not alone, I've noticed this too and I think it blows. Those 5-star safeties and DB's with B+ everything but C+ acceleration kill me.

Too often Acceleration is not matching up with speed, and I agree with you in that it makes them worthless. I don't even bother recruiting anyone with lower than B Acceleration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 02:58 AM   #6
MVP

^^^Yep, exactly.

I still think the number of guys with great to very good speed at each position is to low as well. There should be more guys with A- or above speed at the rb and wr positions specifically.

Edit: I think one of the problems is that the awareness rating for the recruit is too big of a factor in determining their star and and ranking. For instance doing a test recruiting class here, there is a 4 star safety with only 87 for speed, 79 for agility and 79 acceleration but his awareness is 75. His physical abilities look more like a 1 or 2 star player but his awareness is very high.

Last edited by mgoblue678; 10-05-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

Completely agree. This KILLS me. I understand somewhat at the QB position, but there is no excuse for there being ONE WR or ONE HB in an entire class with A speed and only 2 with A- speed (that was the case last year). Look, not all these guys need to 5* or 4* guys even, make a small speedy back who gets tackled easily...

Another thing I notice, and I hate this as well, is that at certain positions where you can see Speed but not Acceleration when recruiting (WR, LB) you can end up with a guy with nice speed but BRUTAL acceleration. I recruited a 5* WR with 96 speed but 86 acceleration. Not great. But I got a 4* OLB who had 82 speed and 69 (!!!!!) accelartion. How are you supposed to play OLB with 69 acceleration? Most QBs are faster than that.

Also interesting to note - see if you get this as well: start looking for coverage OLBs and MLBs (or even blanced for that matter). Easiest way to do this is to do a search. Tell me if you find any, because every single one of my OLBs in my current class are "Run Stoppers." So dumb.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

I have noticed this exact phenomena.

I went into my first recruiting class with an 09 mindset... SPEED over everything and got burned a couple of times.

they really make you check everything to get a really good recruit now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »