Home

Heartbreaking Loss!

This is a discussion on Heartbreaking Loss! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11
Heartbreaking Loss!

Playing as my made up London University Knights, traveling to Boise to play the Broncos. Boise got up on my early 31-7 by halftime. My players really seemed rattled as the Broncos ran two INTs back for a TD, and ran a kickoff back for another.

However, I came on in the 2nd half and clawed my way back into the game to come within a field goal, 34-31. I had the ball at their 22 yard line with 33 seconds left. Ran a option to the left and my RB broke it down the sideline. I got to the 1 yard line and tried to dive into the endzone over their defender. He hit me right in the gut and knocked the ball out and they recovered it in the endzone. A couple of QB Kneels later and they pull it out.

Has anyone else had this heartbreaking of a loss??

Last edited by SoundTheAlarm; 10-05-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Heartbreaking Loss!

Never dive into the endzone unless you KNOW they're going to do one of those jump animations because 90% of the time you'll fumble.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I've had a win that was like that to the other school. They own me in the 2nd half. They are down 2, 7 seconds left. They threw a pass to my 20. I hit stick him with 1 second left to force a fumble and recover. Game over.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
Banned

codes's Arena

OVR: 2

Last night I (#4 Miss. St.) was playing against #9 Alabama. It was tied 21-21 when the CPU broke 4 tackles and took off on a 78 TD run with 1:30 left. On the kickoff I had a 40-some yard return which put me at the 50. After a 30 pass I was poised to tie the game up. The next play I rolled out my QB (Tajh Boyd - transfer from Clemson (a god-send) who has 90 speed). I made it to the 5-yard line and was trying to run out of bounds when 2 Alabama CB's closed on me with super-human speed, hit me and forced the fumble. The ball popped out of my hands and shot toward the sideline but stopped inches short of going out of bounds. Alabama player recovered. Game over.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played a game last night Mississippi State(me) verse Kentucky(CPU) in an OD and I'm down four points with a 1:27 left and 1 time out. I hit a couple big plays and I'm able to manage the go ahead touchdown with 5 seconds left. I then have to kick off I kick it high and short to prevent the run back but the fullback breaks two tackles and outruns my kickoff team for a TD with no time remaining. I was steaming after that one, I was so pissed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Never dive into the endzone unless you KNOW they're going to do one of those jump animations because 90% of the time you'll fumble.
Thanks for the tip, Joshua. I don't plan on trying to dive over any defenders anymore, haha. I have rebounded nicely however from that week 2 loss. 4 straight wins, including an upset over #13 Alabama.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yesterday I was #4 Miami playing against North Carolina winning 31-7 then all of a sudden I could not stop Ryan Houston. NC came back to tie the game at 44 when I scored to take the lead 51-44. Ryan Houston broke a 40+ run, but they missed the kick so I won 51-50. Houston ended up with 300+ yards and 4 tds, while Jacory Harris had 515 yards passing and 6 tds.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #8
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Usually I don't even get a chance to try a game winning drive. 9 times out of 10 when I get the ball back with less than 2 minutes left and down 1 score, something stupid will happen on the first play of the drive and I'll turn it over. Usually a lame interception when the ball doesn't go within 15 yards of my intended receiver or my O-line forgets to block and my QB gets sacked and fumbles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »