Home

McNeal fastest quarterback?!?!?

This is a discussion on McNeal fastest quarterback?!?!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
McNeal fastest quarterback?!?!?

Well, I read that Aggie post the other day and was AMAZED to hear that Reggie McNeal supposedly had the fastest speed rating among quarterbacks. I don't understand why EA would do that? My suggestions for the Top 10 speed ratings for quarterbacks would be....

1. Jamal Lord, Nebraska - no doubt this guy should be #1.
2. Ell Roberson, K-State - he's got wheels.
3. Brad Smith, Missouri - rushed for over 1,000 last year
4. Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M - I'm not denying his ability.
5. DJ Shockley, Georgia - comes in and forces d to change.
6. Chance Harridge, Air Force - ran for like 1,200 last year.
7. Bradleee Van Pelt, CSU - a dangerous runner.
8. Marcus Vick, VTech - a ton of potential and great genes.
9. Rasheed Marshall, WVU - multi-talented athlete.
10. Josh Harris, Bowling Green - runs a lot for passing team.
Others: Asad Abdul Khaliq (Minnesota), Andrico Hines (Middle Tennessee State), RJ Anderson (Syracuse), Rob Rutherford (Pittsburgh), Nic Costa (Arizona), Shane Boyd (Kentucky).

Seems like there are more scrambling qb's this year than ever before in college football. Thank god the game lets us edit ratings...that way everyone is happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2003, 11:25 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: McNeal fastest quarterback?!?!?

Van Pelt isnt faster than Vick.............by the way, I just recruited a RB in ncaa 2003 that ran a 4.18 40
Old 06-07-2003, 11:34 AM   #3
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

You're missing Matt Jones from Arkansas.
Old 06-07-2003, 12:12 PM   #4
MVP

OK, just read a post from that same Aggie guy at a different site. He said that Marcus Vick is the fastest qb with a 86 rating! Ell Roberson was second with a 82. I'm not even a Nebraska fan, but Jamal Lord is flat getting ripped off...
Old 06-07-2003, 12:46 PM   #5
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm sorry but I don't believe Lord is faster than McNeil or Vick. He's a better option quarterback, but in terms of raw speed McNeil and Vick are faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2003, 01:34 PM   #6
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

I would think Vick would be the fastest in the game simply because of his name. he is no doubt one of the fastest QBs in college, but his name makes him stand out more.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:53 PM   #7
MVP

"I'm sorry but I don't believe Lord is faster than McNeil or Vick. He's a better option quarterback, but in terms of raw speed McNeil and Vick are faster."

I agree with you 100%...they probably are faster, however, the speed rating is about the only rating that determines how well quarterbacks can scramble. Perhaps EA should look into adding an Ellusiveness or Scrambling rating for quarterbacks in the future. It is just weird to have runningbacks with speeds in the 90's, and quarterbacks (who are essentially runningbacks themselves) with speeds only in the 70's? I was just trying to recognize that Lord is the best running quarterback in the nation and I feel currently the only way to jusitify that in the game would be to give him the highest speed rating among quarterbacks. It's a tough call...
Old 06-07-2003, 03:17 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

why exactly should Marcus Vick be so great? highly touted for sure, but don't just plug in Mike's numbers. He could be that good, or he could wind up the frank to Mike's Sly Stallone.

No reason to make him the fastest/ best scrambling QB. If he goes nuts then edit his rating but the guy has the same rushing and passingyardage in ncaa football that I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »