Home

EA guys, Graphics Question

This is a discussion on EA guys, Graphics Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
EA guys, Graphics Question

Why is it teams with gold helmets become brown at night during rain?

I understand the lighting, I love the lighting, however, helmets don't change color when it goes from sun to dark. If anything the silver and gold helmets become more silver and gold because of the stadium lights.

It's just one of them little pet peeves that bothers me. Teams like Colorado, UCLA and FSU have brilliant gold helmets...at night during a rainstorm, they turn from gold to brown. Makes no sense to me guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: EA guys, Graphics Question

I'll guess it's their way of trying to show the lack of sun in games. There is less reflection without the sun (when lights are off), so they are trying to make them look less shiny and more matte.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

I have noticed with games that start or run into dusk, the lighting takes on a red tint. It looks like your playing a football game on Mars. I am not impressed with the shadowing and tint this year. Why they changed it to begin with I'll never know.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
MVP

Yeah, I've noticed that as well.

I can handle gameplay errors, as football is very hard to get gameplay completely realistic.

My biggest issue is with graphic problems as that's something EA should absolutely get right since they are in complete control of that. The fact that certain team helmets completely change color is a big error.

Gold doesn't become brown just because it's raining or dark. your shimmer colors, silver and gold become more brilliant under the stadium lights because the lights are brighter than the sun light.

Go watch a Colorado game at night...vs Texas or Toledo, and tell me their helmets are not bright. In the game, those helmets are more brown than gold. That's a big error on EA's graphic designers part.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
I have noticed with games that start or run into dusk, the lighting takes on a red tint. It looks like your playing a football game on Mars. I am not impressed with the shadowing and tint this year. Why they changed it to begin with I'll never know.
The progressive lighting on this game sucks. I mean, come on. IT EVEN AFFECTS DOMES.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
The progressive lighting on this game sucks. I mean, come on. IT EVEN AFFECTS DOMES.
Hahaha...I forgot about the domes. Why EA feels the need to tweak stuff every year until they break it...I'll never know.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
Hahaha...I forgot about the domes. Why EA feels the need to tweak stuff every year until they break it...I'll never know.
Haha, yea, I've noticed that too.

I still find it funny that numbers on helmets disappear...ie: Bama

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »