Home

This game could be so sick.

This is a discussion on This game could be so sick. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2
This game could be so sick.

I'll state right now that this is not a gripe thread at all.

I love this game. I have fun playing it as is, but there are some things that bother me...

Let's talk about what EA can do to make this game unbelievable. We've seen what they are CAPABLE of doing with presentation (as evidenced by the NCAA Basketball thread). As of right now, presentation in the NCAA Football series is pretty weak and that's probably putting it lightly. The atmosphere is also pretty non-existant. College football is all about atmosphere and rivalries and EA falls way short when looking at these two things.

Presentation and atmosphere has to be looked at as perhaps the two biggest needed improvements for NCAA 2011. The gameplay needs fixing too, but not as much as presentation and atmosphere. Game managing by the CPU can be flat out laughable at times.

Patches... We need more of them. Add updated uniforms/stadium tweaks in these patches. For instance, UW now has gold endzones in Husky Stadium and they have new white road pants. It really should not be too hard to implement these into a patch. Better yet, give us full customization. I don't know if it would be possible but being able to edit pre-existing uniforms would be sweet (perhaps through the TeamBuilder website). This might not be allowed per NCAA rules, but that would be nice if it could be done.

More in-depth recruiting... I want to see combine type stats for my recruits I'm going after. 40 times, shuffle scores, bench press, high school stats, character profiles... All of that. Recruiting could be completely overhauled.

Having the ability to edit ALL players inside of a dynasty. As is, you can't edit a player's ratings once you start a dynasty. I can understand this in an online franchise, but for us offline guys, we should be able to fully customize. There are guys who blow up out of nowhere and we should be able to adjust their ratings accordingly (and vice-versa).

All in all, damn, this game could really be something else. I enjoy it now but I'm always wanting more... It's like the friend that you know could be better than he/she is, he/she has so much potential, but they just hold back... DON'T HOLD BACK, EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #2
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: This game could be so sick.

They have 40 times.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

If they fixed (added) atmosphere into the game, and did nothing else, they'd have my $60. It's so important for college football, and completely nonexistent in the game.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallidevils
If they fixed (added) atmosphere into the game, and did nothing else, they'd have my $60. It's so important for college football, and completely nonexistent in the game.
I agree 100%. Gameplay will never be perfect...for every good thing they add/fix, something else will still be broken and then griped about on boards like this. It's fine the way is it.

But presentation AND animations MUST be added to make this game more realistic. Better pre-game show, better/more tackles and catch/run animations...more cut scenes, how about updated recordings on the fight songs (these have been in the game forever and sound like they were recorded in doors which just doesn't sound authentic), gang tackles, better TD celebrations, more exciting commentary, and equipment (hand towels, dreadlocks, hand warmers for QBs, Revolution Speed helmets and the new Schutt helmet, mouth guards, eye paint, nasel strips, etc..).

This and probably plenty more which I can't think of right now NEED to be added in game. Plain and simple. If there is no new presentation features next year (oh yea, how about refs and a chain gang?), I will probably not buy this game.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Maybe Im out of line here but how about they just add simple physics to this game?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Presentation, Atmosphere, animations

need 1000's of hours of work
Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker
Patches... We need more of them. Add updated uniforms/stadium tweaks in these patches. For instance, UW now has gold endzones in Husky Stadium and they have new white road pants. It really should not be too hard to implement these into a patch.
they'll never have things like those in patches. they are limited by what can be in patches. Art is usually not one that can be patched in as it would take up all the allowed space for the patch.

they could have downloadable content though.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

With EA's emphasis on DLC, I'm surprised the NCAA team hasn't released stuff for it. You would think historical rosters, uniforms, camera angles would be stuff they could offer that people might pay for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »