Home

What would it take to bring you back?

This is a discussion on What would it take to bring you back? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: What would it take to bring you back?

I would love to see more:
*presentation
*game speed option
*pass speeds adjusted
*players to move a little less jerky (but I believe game speed will help this)

There is more, but this would be a few of my choices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
To the person who says this game is better than Madden, you obviously havent played Madden enough. I, too, said this same thing when the Madden demo came out....even made a thread about it on here. I thought it was too slow and just bad overall, and I felt NCAA was much more exciting. However, I got Madden at a discounted price, so I went ahead and bought it, and now I can't even play NCAA anymore.
I bought NCAA shortly after it came out and have been playing it off and on since then. I like the game overall and am having fun with it. However, I just purchased Madden 10 this week (after skipping Madden 09) and have played about 3 games....

WOW. What a difference. Madden looks and feels so much more professional. I've just been doing Play Now games, but there are so many little things that make it better. Things the NCAA team must add in NCAA 11.

Rain games have always looked pretty crappy and unrealistic, but adding something as simple as little rain drops on the camera lens has done wonders to improve the experience. Now I actually enjoy playing rain games. (I don't think this is in NCAA....I haven't had a rain game yet)

The user-selectable camera angles are a huge plus. User-customizable anything is a huge plus, which is why the NCAA team should adopt the entire group of Madden's sliders (game speed, injuries, fatigue, everything).

The broadcast-like camera angles during replays and between plays.

The ability to sub out specific players from the play-call screen.

Madden's uniforms seem more vibrant and life-like. Maybe it's the animated hand towels and warmers.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #27
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32

It's pretty sad that I havent done a serious dynasty/franchise on next gen NCAAs. The gameplay has just been so lackluster, I cant find enough motivation to get past the first year of one.
I agree, NCAA has been a failure on the next gen. But then again, I think that next gen as a whole has been very underwhelming (with a few exceptions here and there).

Having said that, I think that NCAA's future lies in it's past.

I don't feel like the game embraces it's past, if that makes any sense.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #28
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
I bought NCAA shortly after it came out and have been playing it off and on since then. I like the game overall and am having fun with it. However, I just purchased Madden 10 this week (after skipping Madden 09) and have played about 3 games....

WOW. What a difference. Madden looks and feels so much more professional. I've just been doing Play Now games, but there are so many little things that make it better. Things the NCAA team must add in NCAA 11.

Rain games have always looked pretty crappy and unrealistic, but adding something as simple as little rain drops on the camera lens has done wonders to improve the experience. Now I actually enjoy playing rain games. (I don't think this is in NCAA....I haven't had a rain game yet)

The user-selectable camera angles are a huge plus. User-customizable anything is a huge plus, which is why the NCAA team should adopt the entire group of Madden's sliders (game speed, injuries, fatigue, everything).

The broadcast-like camera angles during replays and between plays.

The ability to sub out specific players from the play-call screen.

Madden's uniforms seem more vibrant and life-like. Maybe it's the animated hand towels and warmers.
I agree with all. The only thing NCAA does better than Madden is allowing us to play in the cold. Unfortunately on Madden, you have to play in the snow for it be cold.

But yeah, Maddens unis seem way more realistic.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Offensive Line Play... they need to consult actual players...
Old 10-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #30
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

OVR: 30

It would take a lot lol. I want a realistic football game and all the things that go along with it. I agree with what everyone has said so far. I think the only thing that the next gen has brought us is updated graphics and even then there are some little things here and there that bring down the graphics. I cant stand to watch/play a game of NCAA 10, it just looks so unrealistic, all the movements and basic gameplay. I fells like im watching an arcade game. Like when i watch this, i just cringe (i know he cheeses by running with McCoy, but still).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgXbv1LCFk0

Facebook - Custom Sports Covers

Last edited by cyclone2426; 10-16-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #31
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
make it like they did in for 06 but with better graphics
This is all I want. Basically they need to get rid of the "wide open gameplay" and replace it with realistic football. With some tweaking of the sliders we should be able to get realistic stats, scores, and therefore life like results.

I want a football sim, not an arcade football game. Sadly I keep having to go back to 06 on the ps2 after being dissapointed yet again with this year's NCAA 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

congratulations to EYECON and SOMU.i really like your works.hope to see u in the next challenge .....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »