Home

Whats going on in your dynasty?

This is a discussion on Whats going on in your dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Whats going on in your dynasty?

In year one with Duke and Kentucky.

With the Wildcats, it's been a fairly solid year. So far I've got them at 7-2 (3-2), with the losses coming in blowouts at home against the mighty Gators, and at South Carolina. The one marquee victory was at home against Alabama by a final score of 17-10. Still not ranked yet, though beating 6-4 Vandy on the road should get us over the hump. After that, we've got a game against Georgia who sucks this year, and a rivalry game at home against Tennesse.

With Duke, I'm 6-3 (2-3). Year 1 has been crazy with them. Struggled to win at Army 30-27 in OT early on in the year, and 23-17 against Ball State, as well as 28-22 at home against New Mexico State. Oddly enough though, I've been able to upset Virginia Tech at home 20-16, and on the road at ranked Virginia 30-27. All three losses were heart breaking. The game at NC State looked ugly at the end, but I controlled it for most of the way excluding costly turnovers. Lost the Maryland game at home in OT because of a missed FG, and earlier a random blocked FG before half time, which was the first time that had ever happened to me in an NCAA football game. Lost at #12 UNC in a tough game. But, the ACC teams have been beating each other up, so if I were to win my last three games, and have UNC lose once I could win my half of the ACC and probably get a rematch with Virginia Tech.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 34

Year 2 of my Notre Dame Dynasty.

went 10-2 in year 1, and beat boise state in the fiesta bowl.. Jimmy clausen and Golden Tate left early.

Robert Hughes and Armando Allen have provided a "thunder and lightening" back field, and Dayne Christ, has thrown 25 TDs vs 5 Ints, in his 1st year as a starter.

I'm down the stretch in year 2. I lost to michigan and USC for the second straight season..and am ranked 10 in the BCS poll.

If I can get Michael Floyd and Kyle Rudolph to stay, I have a good chance at a national title run in year 3.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just finished year 2 in my Cincinnati Bearcats dynasty. Both years I've gone 11-2 and been ranked most of the season with 1 conference loss each season. In year 1 I lost to a tough West Virginia team where Noel Devine ran all over me and I lost 17-7 to Miami in the Orange Bowl. Recruiting was just okay as I reeled in some good O Line recruits and linebackers. Think I landed 1 or 2 4 stars, and a bunch of 3 and 2 star players. In year 2 I got destroyed at home by South Florida (the opposite of what happened last night in real life) and lost to North Carolina 17-0 in the Orange Bowl again. In the 2 losses my QB tossed 7 picks with 0 TD's, very frustrating but that's the way it goes.

Recruiting went better in year 2 though I still can't land a QB to save my life. Got 4 and 3 star running backs, which I desperately needed as I lost a senior RB and a junior RB went pro early and the 4 star guy will likely see a lot of time for me. Also landed a 5 star CB, 4 star FS, SS and LB. In year 3 I am preseason ranked #20 but will be losing my top 2 QB's to graduation and my top 3 WR's so my recruiting priority will fall on skill players to make up for the losses. I don't have any great players behind those I'm losing so this is the year to try and make a run as I have my most balanced team and a stingy defense bolstered by my all american candidate at MLB JK Schaffer.

Funny side note, I needed a K, couldn't recruit one, but got a walk who was 0 stars but rated a 77. I still may have my punter kick field goals but I found it odd that a walk on was rated so high while a walk on FB was rated 44.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #20
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm still playing 09 but, am loving it. I am Toledo and sitting at 6-2 with loses to Purdue and Michigan. Lost both games by a combined 4 points. Lost to Purdue 45-46 in a shootout and lost to Michigan 27-30. Take away 3 missed FG's and I could be 8-0! It's been a blast to play this season.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #21
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5

Welp, 2014 will be a LONG season.

I have a true freshman QB (5 star Recruit, Russell top 100) 79 OVR starting along with a true freshman RB (5 Star, Russell top 100) OVR 84 RB starting.

Just lost my third game at Lincoln against an unranked Nebraska team 24 - 29.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #22
Banned

Packfan8's Arena

OVR: 1

Well has anyone else had huge rises and then even bigger falls?

in my first year with NC State i went 8-4.
Second year 11-2.
Third year i went 14-0 and got the national championship but thats where the good news ended. I lost amost all my defense starters, the core of my o-line, i have a walk on kicker, i lost my 1 and 2 tailbacks( my 2nd one was a junior(rs) but left anyways?) and i have a sophomore qb. so my fourth year is off to a 2-3 start with my wins coming against Kentucky and South Carolina and losses to Hawaii, Tenn, and Florida State. Oh yeah the qb has 4 touchdowns and 8 ints.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packfan8
Well has anyone else had huge rises and then even bigger falls?

in my first year with NC State i went 8-4.
Second year 11-2.
Third year i went 14-0 and got the national championship but thats where the good news ended. I lost amost all my defense starters, the core of my o-line, i have a walk on kicker, i lost my 1 and 2 tailbacks( my 2nd one was a junior(rs) but left anyways?) and i have a sophomore qb. so my fourth year is off to a 2-3 start with my wins coming against Kentucky and South Carolina and losses to Hawaii, Tenn, and Florida State. Oh yeah the qb has 4 touchdowns and 8 ints.
The true freshman QB and RB is about as far as it has went for me. I still have a stellar team that saves my *** when my O plays like crap. Hooray for 6 star dynasty from Florida with an A in all categories except coaching experience?
Old 10-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 17

Just finished season 1 of my OD. I went 11-2 winning the Orange bowl with Michigan and my buddy went 5-7 with ND. Recruiting went really well so I am expecting to make a push for the NC within 2 years. My buddy is just hoping to become bowl eligible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »