Home

Whats going on in your dynasty?

This is a discussion on Whats going on in your dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Whats going on in your dynasty?

MICHIGAN:

I lost to Florida in the Capital One bowl to close out the 2012 season, 73-35, to finish the year 8-4. Left a very bad taste in my mouth.

To open 2013, I played @ #20 BYU and won 34-7. A beautiful game for our defense.

Followed that up with another stellar defensive performance, winning 21-17 @ #11 Notre Dame.

At this point, I was thinking, "this is the best team I've ever had."

Entered my home-opener ranked #9 - the highest ranking I've held in the dynasty.

LOST TO STANFORD, 20-19.

Okay, fair. We "needed" that. The 73 points allowed to Florida in the bowl game still fresh in my mind, and our defense has been great all season. Up next: Rice.

Win the game, but ... final score is 48-45.

I'm officially "concerned." So much for this being a "great" team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 5

Utah State..****n/option playbook...first season...1-1 so far.

1.) Lost to Utah in OT 38-31 - exciting game, came back from 14 down, in the second half, to tie the game with :14 in regulation, then my QB fumbled in OT after Utah scored. Even game stat-wise, had to pass more than I like, as the Utes shut down my running game.

2.) Upset A&M...39-35 - another nail biter, came back from 17 down, in the second half, scored go ahead TD with 1:00 left; A&M drove the ball to my 9 yard line with :05 left and threw an incompletion as time ran out. Even game stat-wise, although I out rushed A&M. Ran the ball like 70% and just wore down their D 3, 4, 5 yards at a time.

Last edited by ftball11; 10-20-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Wrong score on A&M game
Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Started a new dynasty with a CaS team, the Brooklyn Ruff Riders. Used a cupcake roster template and a 1* prestige, but changed the roster so there were more seniors and juniors, but less freshman and sophomores because there are too many on that template. Simmed the first season, but did my own recruiting so I could get my own guys in my system. I used Texas Tech's playbook, and was planning on throwing the ball 80% of the time, but that ended during the first game. I had to start 3 freshman on the OL, a freshman @ #1 WR (fortunately he was a 4* recruit with 97 speed and 82 OVR), a JC transfer at RB (79 OVR, but a 6'2" 235 lb BEAST), and my entire secondary is made up of freshman. The reason I had to scrap passing was because my OL gives up a sack 80% of the time on any PA pass, and I am running for my life with a pocket passer QB 50% of the time with no PA. Couple that with the horrendously low rating I put on the AI sliders and my QB has a completion percentage within a couple of points of 50%, which makes for some long, frustrating games with a lot of pics if I try and throw 40 times. However, my RB is a BEAST like I said before, and in the crappy CUSA he runs over fools like they're nothing and is leading in the heisman race after week 14. The frosh WR should be a Frosh AA and win the returner of the year award with 2 PR TDs and a KR TD. So far I have commitments from three 4* recruits, a 3* recruit, and two 2* recruits. I'm 12-0 and ranked #4 playing #11 Houston (11-1) in the CCG. I haven't lost yet, but have played some very close games that have made my classic games lists, and expect to take some Ls once I get invited into a BCS conference.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Never went next gen for football but broke out my NCAA 09 for PS2 the other day. In year 15 of dynasty. Was at Michigan State for 7 years going 73-18 with 3 big 10 titles and 2 national championships. Moved to Miss St where I took a team that won 0 SEC games before I arrived to a NC in year 6. Also won 2 SEC championships with an overall 62-18 record in 6 years. After that went to Nebraska and have to get them off serious probation. 15 less scholarships, no TV and bowl penalties. Year 1 I was 4-8 and am off to a 3-3 start (2 wins against FCS competition) in year 2. Got the NCAA off my back a little so far but I'm not sure I'm going to make it through my 3 year contract by winning 4 or 5 games a year.

2009-2015 Mich St 73-18 (47-9 Big10); 3 Big 10 titles, 2 National Championships, 1 Heisman WR
2016-2021 Miss St 62-18 (34-14 SEC); 2 SEC titles, 1 National Championship, 1 Heisman RB
2022-2023 Nebraska 7-11 (3-8 Big12)
Old 10-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 2

In my 2nd year with Northern Illinois, 6 games in...miracle, I'm 6-0 (3-0) with an upset win over then #12 UNC in Chapel Hill 34-32. Won that game on a last second field goal after driving 60+ yds in less than a minute. My 1st year i went 11-3 (8-1) and played against Indiana in the Motor City bowl and lost horribly. My recruiting is pretty good, I take chances and go after 4* players after a couple weeks once I see the ones that aren't being recruited by any teams. That's a good strategy btw, just scroll thru them and see what guys haven't had any scholarships offered after 3 weeks or so and if you spend enough time on them you should be able to make your 2* team move up their list quickly...Got really lucky and landed the #1 overall recruit when new ones came on board after the first season. A 5* cornerback. My qb Chandler Harnish is ripping it up this year 65% completion 16 tds 5 ints but my rb Me co Brown has been injured since game 2. He gets injured EVERY game, and if he wasn't lost for the game on the first injury he gets injured a 2nd time. Never fails. Well, i've rambled enough. Love whippin up on the MAC with NIU though
Old 10-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 15

In season 3 with the Louisville Cardinals, I simmed the first season because I always do that just to add my own style to the team. My team finished 5-7 the first season but I did a good job with the recruiting. My second season I only played the conference games and we ended up 9-4 and got a invite to the Poinsetta bowl against Oklahoma state I played that one too and won it. I am now in the third season and final year of my contract hopefully I can do well enough for an extension or get an offer for another good team. I still plan on playing the conference games and any bowl game I may be invited to play in.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #31
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

Going into my 5th season with Miami FL. The first four seasons I went 41-6 (8-4) in user vs user games. All 4 of my user losses came to the same user of Virginia Tech. Two losses to Georgia Tech my first two seasons with Miami. The first year was rough I pulled Jacory Harris after a few games and never let him see the field again. I handed my team over to a 5 star recruit freshman QB. He has never been great he throws way more INT's than he should so his TD/INT is about even after 4 yrs. Cooper was a stud but missed almost his entire Senior season with a injury. Lamar Miller broke the Miami record for most rushing TD's.

My 4th season I had a really good team. I had a stretch of 3 extremely hard user games vs UNC, Virginia Tech and Oregon. I won the UNC game in the 4th quarter on the strength of my defense. I lost again to Virginia Tech thinking my season was over ACC Championship out of the door BCS Championship chance gone once again. I came into the Oregon game ranked 5th or 6th he was ranked #1. I blew the doors off him knocked his QB out of the game picked him off 4 or 5 times got a few fumbles. I was still outside looking in on the BCS Championship going into Championship week. But a user at Alabama lost the SEC Championship game and that pushed me into the BCS Championship game in a rematch with Virginia Tech!!!!

Going into the BCS Championship I had doubts knowing I lost to him 4 times already. The first drive didn't help these as my HB fumbles on the second play of the game leading to him getting out to a 7-0 lead. I didn't roll over this time. I was able to knock Clayton out of the game in the first half. He is normally a run, run and run a little more type of coach. But this game I guess he decided he wanted to pass on me bad idea. He threw 3-4 picks and two fumbles. I ended up winning 34-14 it took me 5 tries to beat the guy but I did it for the BCS National Championship!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 11

I'm in year 2 of my Offline with my CAS - Rose-Hulman (Division III school in Western Indiana). I made a cupcake team, but I made myself as a running back, turned the FR QB into a scrambler, and made a decent FS. No one over 70 ovr, except me at running back. I kind of (ok, really) cheated and made all my starters FR.

My first year I played on default everything and went 14-0, NC, MAC championship. There were some very close games, but I managed to pull them out with my rushing attack. I recruited mostly 2 * recruits, but added a 5 * (92 ovr) DT and a 4 * SS (I think I got a 3* MLB too).

My second year, I am 12-0, I play Buffalo (7-5) in the MAC championship next, then probably Virginia Tech in the NC. I started the season and forgot to change the sliders, so I am finishing this season, then definitely making the game harder. My defense is incredible this year. I have 4 shutouts in the last 6 games, and one of those games I only gave up 3 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »