Home

Serious Dynasty Problem...

This is a discussion on Serious Dynasty Problem... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Serious Dynasty Problem...

GUys need some help. I like NCAA 10, lets get the out the way. But i think ive burnt myself out on offline dynasty. Im at school and dont really play online dynasty so my question for yall is how can i make my offline dynasty more attractive and fun. i Love the whole build up a team and recruiting concept, but continuously find myself playing maybe half to a full season with a team then quitting and starting another, over and over. I understand its just a game and blah blah. But im trying to find a way or a scenario that i can just take one team play have fun, realistic stats, gameplay, actually lose games, as realistic as possible. please help and feedback is most def. welcome. tell me all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Serious Dynasty Problem...

Well first what type of team are you using where you play half a season and then stop? Perhaps you should use a more challenging team and also adjust some sliders. I always use the Cincinnati Bearcats and in my first dynasty with them I only played the big games and won nearly all. Then I adjusted the sliders to get better games and so far in 3 1/2 seasons I've lost 4 games including both of my bowl games. Recruiting is still a struggle and I have not been able to land a QB despite the attractive spread offense. I always have tough battles with good teams and even close ones with teams that aren't so good.

Or you could try and use a decent team in a really tough conference like Mississippi State in the SEC, Syracuse in the Big East, Washington State in the Pac-10, where the rebuilding would take a minimum of 3-5 years to be at the level to compete for the conference championship and a BCS game. Hope this helps.

Potvin
Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
Banned

codes's Arena

OVR: 2

I play as Mississippi State in my offline dynasty. You just have to immerse yourself in your dynasty. I know that's hard because there isn't much there that's in-game to help immerse you in your dynasty. What I do is before and after every game I look at the Heisman contenders, polls, players of the week and conference standings for all teams so I get a feel for what's going on everywhere, just not my school. Then I go to the NCAA schedule and sim every Top-25 match-up one by one to see if there are any upsets, blowouts, etc.

This game does a horrendous job of aiding you in the search for what's going on around the league. So to counteract that, you just have to go out there and look for yourself. I was at the point where you are - being burnt out and playing only a partial season - but after doing all the things I mentioned above, I have a new-found love of the game.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention. Try rebuilding your offense to a different scheme. Ex: take a passing offense and make it a rushing offense or take a rushing offense and make it a passing offense.

Last edited by codes; 10-20-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sliders if you don't. I suggest the varsity sliders posted on here(I have played heisman every year before I tried those they make the game way more fun no ridiculous plays by the CPU or feeling of the CPU cheating. With some minor tweaks to his sliders to fit my playstyle the game has become very fun and challenging.

Couple of my games TCU(me) vs SMU(CPU) 42-14; was 7-7 at half before they made some turnovers and my O got moving since they had been keying on my run game I got a few big PA passes. Felt like a real game. Another game TCU(me) Texas(CPU) Fiesta Bowl. 16-3 in favor of the horns at half I had -22 rushing yards they had 139 they had the ball for 10mins the first half i had it for 4. They got ball at half ran on me some more 19-3, three and out for me then I punt away to them Colt throws a pick six then my team wakes up surge back to a 31-26 lead with 52 seconds left. Then the heisman trophy winner(Colt) did what he does lead them down to a 32-31 winning drive. Incredible season really has me excited for my next season I plan on playing some this upcoming weekend.

Whatever you do, do not look at the stats at least other teams; stat or individual they are absolute game killers for me leading rusher averaging 1450 yds 4.3 ypc 2 runs of 20 yards or after Colt, Sam and Tebow leave no qb gets near 170 QB rating. And the best Matt Barkley 160 carries -92 yards.. Josh Nesbitt 92 carries 29 yards. The stats on this game are so pathetic the atmosphere is too, but the gameplay with tweaks to sliders and not keying on run/pass is very good IMO, also I suggest leaving the agg/conservative things at neutral for everything.

You could try and simming 5 years ahead too, make a new coach at year 5 don't add him to a team until the end of the 5th year. Find maybe a old powerhouse build them back up, or help the still struggling SMU Mustangs.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catufb85
GUys need some help. I like NCAA 10, lets get the out the way. But i think ive burnt myself out on offline dynasty. Im at school and dont really play online dynasty so my question for yall is how can i make my offline dynasty more attractive and fun. i Love the whole build up a team and recruiting concept, but continuously find myself playing maybe half to a full season with a team then quitting and starting another, over and over. I understand its just a game and blah blah. But im trying to find a way or a scenario that i can just take one team play have fun, realistic stats, gameplay, actually lose games, as realistic as possible. please help and feedback is most def. welcome. tell me all.
Honestly man... There's nothing that you can really do. It's EA that needs to do something. Like you, I am an offline dynasty guy and I try all sorts of different things, but I get burnt out after about the second season... Sometimes even the first. Dynasty mode and the game in general has gone stale. EA cares about adding more features that I am sure appeal to some gamers, but from what I've seen, most gamers are starving for a more realistic and polished sim. This game is not dynamic and it has regressed a great deal from the old console days.

Seriously... I rely on patches to save this game. It hasn't happened yet.

Maybe one tidbit I can offer is to create as many real life recruits as you can... I use the Rivals 100. It makes recruiting more fun...

but overall... There's not much you can do, IMO. Wait to buy the game next year to see if EA has made a better game rather than recycling the same versions with a few new features year in and year out... Because that's truly all that they're doing and we fall for it every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 37

The best way to make dynasty more fun is find a copy of 06 on last gen, cross out the 06 and put down 10, then put the game in the system and have fun. Seriously, NCAA 10's dynasty is absolutely brutal... no fun and no atmosphere combined with zero presentation makes for a painful experience.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

to control simmed QB carries, lower the ACC rating on QB's until their style goes from balanced to pocket passer. Also, teams like USC, Tennessee and Arkansas, who don't have designed QB runs or scrambing QB's. Something else is to make the modifier West Coast instead of balanced or spread if you have a QB you don't want running.

Something else is to lower the carry rating to less than 60, beacuse over 65 they seem to run it more.

one more thing...if aggressiveness is 60 or 65 QB's run more, especially in the spread, flexbone or option offenses.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #8
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
The best way to make dynasty more fun is find a copy of 06 on last gen, cross out the 06 and put down 10, then put the game in the system and have fun. Seriously, NCAA 10's dynasty is absolutely brutal... no fun and no atmosphere combined with zero presentation makes for a painful experience.
Don't listen to this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »