Home

Stopping the 2 Minute Drill

This is a discussion on Stopping the 2 Minute Drill within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Stopping the 2 Minute Drill

I have always felt that in their football games, EA likes to jack up the offense in the 4th quarter. Maybe it is a placebo effect, but I sure have lived through many last minute heroics by both the CPU's and my own offenses....a few too many to the point that it isn't really all that exciting anymore.

I don't mind a bit of drama, and I certainly don't want the CPU to lay down. But if I leave the cpu with 1 minute or more, I know that I am in big trouble. If I go to the prevent, the CPU will get two quick 20 yard passes and will be in my territory with plenty of time left. Any type of blitz is pretty much asking for a quicker death. About the best I can hope for seems to play call against the pass and just be conservative enough that the CPU runs out of time in my redzone.

I guess the thing that really bugs me about it, is that I know that if I have an opportunity to score with more than :45 to play, that the best strategic decision is to dive to the ground so that I can kill more clock.....and that just doesn't seem too realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Rookie

Pheud's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Stopping the 2 Minute Drill

Its kinda weird..I see people talking about this all the time and I honestly do not see it. I get it right before halftime in basically every game, but more often than not when the cpu is down by a score or less their offense goes down the tube.

Almost every single play the CPU runs is a passing play and its always either incomplete or picked off. 9/10 times its 4 and out as well. I've had maybe a handful of cpu comebacks in the 4th since the game was released, but even then it was me screwing up or the cpu making amazing catches.Crazy, I know, but the truth.

Lets go V-C-U!!(And to make it clear, I have been a VCU hoops fan since 2007...no bandwagon for me, thank you very much!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »