Home

Figured out how to run a 3 - Back system

This is a discussion on Figured out how to run a 3 - Back system within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Smile Figured out how to run a 3 - Back system

Miami has recently been using Berry a lot more now along with Cooper and James and it inspired me to start and try to find a way to use all three in an effective and easy way and I did. I know people tried to do the same thing with USC, but never got it to work, but I have found out a solution to my problem.

First, I made Javarris James my starting running back with the real FB 2nd string. I then made Greg Cooper my 1st string HB with Berry 2nd and James follows at 3. Now, I run out of the I-Form and Strong-I, so I always have a FB and RB, thats what makes this system work. It may work with Ace, I have not tried. Anyways, by using this I can now make Berry the running back, James the running back with the real FB there, Copper the RB with James there, James with Copper, etc. I do that all with the right thumbstick in the play call screen where you modify the packages.

I know this isn't a 100% true 3-back system, but it is as close as I have seen anybody get. I hope this helps some of those out there. Good luck!

Edit: It works with the Ace better because I can use the regular package with Copper there, Spell HB package which is the 2nd stringer, or I can use the FB package which uses James as the RB. This should help even more people.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 10-26-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Macc24JR's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Figured out how to run a 3 - Back system

I've mocked the USC using a three-back system simply by adjusting subs in and out. I'll sub a RB out if he gets below 85 and only back in when he is 95. This will use the majority of your backs, of course switching some of the formation audibles to get some more touches than others.

MLB - Atlanta Braves
NFL - Philly Eagles / Seattle Seahawks
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NBA - Detroit Pistons
College - USC Trojans
Old 10-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc24JR
I've mocked the USC using a three-back system simply by adjusting subs in and out. I'll sub a RB out if he gets below 85 and only back in when he is 95. This will use the majority of your backs, of course switching some of the formation audibles to get some more touches than others.

This is the proper way to do a 3 back system. but make sure that you have enough backs. I did the auto sub thing in my FAU dynasty. My first two running backs left the game and never came back. And after halftime my 4th string back was the only one getting touches. I tried resetting the auto subs and they still didnt returen. As you can imagine this is not ideal in year 2 of FAU dynasty.

Last edited by dghustla; 10-27-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I run a 3 back system by just subbing out a back every series. I get about 15 carries with my #1, 10 carries with my #2 and 5 carries with my #3.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
This is the proper way to do a 3 back system. but make sure that you have enough backs. I did the auto sub thing in my FAU dynasty. My first two running backs left the game and never came back. And after halftime my 4th string back was the only one getting touches. I tried resetting the auto subs and they still didnt returen. As you can imagine this is not ideal in year 2 of FAU dynasty.
I had this happen multiple times when I tweaked auto-subs... Guys just dissapear
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »