Home

The NCAA F-U Game

This is a discussion on The NCAA F-U Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #9
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The NCAA F-U Game

I have a couple of these per season. Sometimes I can pull out a win...other times I get blown out.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

Doesn't this have a lot to do with who's sliders your using? I know I have seen it in plenty of OD's with the crazy robo QB's. I have only one OD with robo QB's in it now. I know a lot of people probably use the same sliders or close to it. Maybe you need to go back to the drawling boards and tweak the sliders. You can get competitive games without robo QB's.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #11
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

Can you tweak the sliders while in mid-dynasty online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think this is a slider thing, for me. This has been happening for the last 9 versions or so. Only this year have I seen it happen on levels lower than Heisman.

The reason I don't think it's a sliders thing is that, for instance, I'll go 7 or 8 games with a receiver dropping maybe 4 or 5 passes total. Then comes a random F-U game, and that receiver drops 6 passes in one quarter.

If it was a sliders issue, I'd see it all the time, and I'd adjust accordingly. But it's only every few games when the cpu decides it will win at any cost.

I've seen this on default sliders, tweaking the sliders, minimizing all sliders and maximizing all sliders. It doesn't matter.

(Besides, I'm not sure that a LB jumping 9 feet in the air to intercept a pass is necessarily correctable via sliders....)
Old 10-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I haven't played a game in which I felt that I was going to lose due to the cpu cheating. Nor have I lost a game and thought afterwards, well, the cpu cheated so thats why I lost.

And I don't recall ever seeing a LB jump 9ft into the air.

I play on Heisman with no slider adjustments if that makes any difference.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neags23
I don't think this is a slider thing, for me. This has been happening for the last 9 versions or so. Only this year have I seen it happen on levels lower than Heisman.

The reason I don't think it's a sliders thing is that, for instance, I'll go 7 or 8 games with a receiver dropping maybe 4 or 5 passes total. Then comes a random F-U game, and that receiver drops 6 passes in one quarter.

If it was a sliders issue, I'd see it all the time, and I'd adjust accordingly. But it's only every few games when the cpu decides it will win at any cost.

I've seen this on default sliders, tweaking the sliders, minimizing all sliders and maximizing all sliders. It doesn't matter.

(Besides, I'm not sure that a LB jumping 9 feet in the air to intercept a pass is necessarily correctable via sliders....)
I wasn't suggesting that the sliders would be a fix, I was just curious. But I know that these "F-U" games have happened to me in previous iterations of the game, most notably last years version. My buddies see it too, where you are just going to lose a game whether you like it or not.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezapleez
I wasn't suggesting that the sliders would be a fix, I was just curious.
My response was in reference to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
Doesn't this have a lot to do with who's sliders your using? I know I have seen it in plenty of OD's with the crazy robo QB's. I have only one OD with robo QB's in it now. I know a lot of people probably use the same sliders or close to it. Maybe you need to go back to the drawling boards and tweak the sliders. You can get competitive games without robo QB's.
not your question. Sorry for the confusion!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #16
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Just in the last couple of days.

In 20seconds the computer threw 2 consecutive 40yd passes (one in double the other in triple coverage) to set up a GW FG with :01.

I had a FG blocked

In addition to the F-U I am really annoyed that you fumble constantly unless Big Run is on conservative. This is ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »