Home

Can I edit team names in 2010, or ANY previous version?

This is a discussion on Can I edit team names in 2010, or ANY previous version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon5 Can I edit team names in 2010, or ANY previous version?

First off, I love high school football. Lately, I've gotten to wondering if it's possible on 2010 (I'm still playing 09) or even ANY past version of NCAA football to edit team names. For example, I live in Wisconsin, so what I want to do is edit all 118 D1-FBS teams (or whatever the number is) to change their names to high school teams in my state. Honestly, I'm not gonna go crazy, I'll probably even keep the uniforms the same as their college team they originally were, and I wouldn't touch rosters or anything, since there is so much turnover in NCAA football anyways with the recruiting.

My plan would be to make all the BCS conferences similar (as best as possible) to the toughest D1 high school conferences in Wisconsin. Like changing all the names of the BIG 12 schools to team names of the toughest high school conference in Wisconsin. Then, with conferences like the Sun Belt, MAC, etc., I'd change those team names to D2, D3, D4, etc. high school teams I'm familiar with in my state.

I know you can create schools from scratch in the 2010 game, but you can only do 12 of them from what I understand, and like I said, I don't want to go hardcore with it, I'm really only plan on playing with MY high school team, but it'd be neat to play against other "high school teams". I don't want to just create my high school team and stick them in the BIG 10 and play against Michigan and Ohio State, etc....I want to still sort of feel like I'm playing other high schools.

So basically what I mean is, I don't want to create 118 teams, that'd be a pain in the butt, I really just want to create MY high school team, and edit the names of all the other schools to reflect high schools in my state (or even around the country). Does this make sense at all?

Obviously a newer game would be better, because of improved gameplay/graphics, but I have a PS3 so I'd even be willing to go back to an old version of a PS2 football title (like NCAA 2004 or something).

Sorry if this sounds weird, just thought it'd be fun to do during the winter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Can I edit team names in 2010, or ANY previous version?

Sorry, no way to do this, in any version of NCAA by EA Sports.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

unfortunately, the only way to add teams such as high school teams is via teambuilder.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Damn, that's pretty much what I figured.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »