Home

Playbook vs. Offensive style?

This is a discussion on Playbook vs. Offensive style? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Playbook vs. Offensive style?

Im a little late getting on board with NCAA. What exactly does offensive style do?

Lets say if you select a playbook that has a lot of option plays but you select WCO as your offensive style, what happens? Does the CPU ignore all the option runs in the playbook, since the WCO play style doesnt feature a lot of option runs?

Conversely, lets say you choose the Notre Dame playbook which has no (or virtually no) and select Option as your offensive play style. What happens then?

Im just trying to get a handle on what exactly offensive style does as opposed to play selection being a function of a) your playbook, and b) your play distribution and aggressive play calling settings.

Any help would be great.

I did a search for this and didnt find anything that really gets into what offensive syle does.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Playbook vs. Offensive style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Im a little late getting on board with NCAA. What exactly does offensive style do?

Lets say if you select a playbook that has a lot of option plays but you select WCO as your offensive style, what happens? Does the CPU ignore all the option runs in the playbook, since the WCO play style doesnt feature a lot of option runs?

Conversely, lets say you choose the Notre Dame playbook which has no (or virtually no) and select Option as your offensive play style. What happens then?

Im just trying to get a handle on what exactly offensive style does as opposed to play selection being a function of a) your playbook, and b) your play distribution and aggressive play calling settings.

Any help would be great.

I did a search for this and didnt find anything that really gets into what offensive syle does.

Thanks in advance.
It's mostly for recruiting (what types of players they recruit), sim results, and position requirements.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
It's mostly for recruiting (what types of players they recruit), sim results, and position requirements.

So, if you have Notre Dame playbook, which lacks option runs, and have option as your offensive style, youll see sim results that have the QB running a lot? What if you watch the game?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
So, if you have Notre Dame playbook, which lacks option runs, and have option as your offensive style, youll see sim results that have the QB running a lot? What if you watch the game?
Yes, if you sim, the QB will run it a lot. If you watch it, they will run their playbook, and their run/pass and agressiveness coaching sliders will impact, but Offensive Style will have no impact.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Yes, if you sim, the QB will run it a lot. If you watch it, they will run their playbook, and their run/pass and agressiveness coaching sliders will impact, but Offensive Style will have no impact.
OK, interesting. So offensive style has no impact if you watch a cpu vs cpu game. The play distribution affects both simmed games and watched games, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
OK, interesting. So offensive style has no impact if you watch a cpu vs cpu game. The play distribution affects both simmed games and watched games, right?
I believe it does.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I accept with information: the QB will run it a lot. If you watch it, they will run their playbook, and their run/pass and agressiveness coaching sliders will impact.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play with OSU playbook and a balanced offense and my QB seems to run the ball 15 times a game and my back up HB gets 1. Is there anyway I can get the QB to carry the ball less?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »