Home

Player Progression

This is a discussion on Player Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Player Progression

Im sure its been discussed but can someone give me the link to a thread where the progression is explained in NCAA 10 ? or at least some kind of info . . . is progression in NCAA 10 based off stats ?

and the top rated recruit this season in my dynasty is a 192lb. linebacker . . . now if he goes to Madden via draft class i ll have a 192lb. linebacker leading the league in tackles ... sorry it bothers me .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #2
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Player Progression

I think progression is based off your school's athletic facilities rating... I also think the player's performance during the previous season and whether or not they are a redshirt are variables in deciding how much they progress.

and yea the lack of weight/height gain has been a problem for a while now.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

stats play a part, as well as school prestige. there are probably other factors as well, and since it's a video game, there is likely a "dice roll" or randomization to it as well.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 11-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

I've noticed this in about every season. All of my skill players go up about 3 or 4 points, but my offensive linemen go up 6 or 7 points in the off-season.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Rookie

I just finished year one ( i know , i know ) and my freshman D End i redshirted went up 12lbs. or am i going crazy ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid-Steve-O
I just finished year one ( i know , i know ) and my freshman D End i redshirted went up 12lbs. or am i going crazy ?
That's not that much, they do show minimal gains... A guy who gets redshirted and plays OL or DL is expected to do the majority of the bulking up that he does in his college career during that year... Most guys come in horribly undersized and put on around 30lbs...
Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 11

Do you have to redshirt players in order for them to put on pounds? A lot of the guys I recruited are light, like DEs only 230, 240. The problem is, I started as a 1* school, so when they come in, they start.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeskCoder
Do you have to redshirt players in order for them to put on pounds? A lot of the guys I recruited are light, like DEs only 230, 240. The problem is, I started as a 1* school, so when they come in, they start.
I was just thinking that . . .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »