Home

NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:(

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:( within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2003, 02:09 AM   #33
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:(

I laid off Madden last year and bought NCAA. I was going to flip this year, but the SI feature, the addition of more 1-AA teams and the ability to get job offers from other schools make me think this is a delicious cake with extra icing. But when it comes down to it, you just have to gauge your love of icing.

This year I'll get both -- and no Sega product. I do want to see what happens to my created freshman when he hits the NFL.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:41 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Oh well...it would be cool but I'm used to the goal posts not coming down as I go to Purdue. Every year we try and every year we get denied. Some sort of super invincible goal posts or something. It sucks because those goalposts belong in the Wabash.

I'm willing to bet that eventually they'll fall but I've seen thousands of people on the field and 15 people on the posts and all we can do is get them rocking really hard.......
Old 06-14-2003, 05:05 AM   #35
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Reason why it got a higher rating on the PS2 is b/c of online play. That instantly gets a higher rating in terms of lasting appeal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2003, 05:36 AM   #36
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3

Ratings are probably LOW b/c the cover is missing an Oregon Duck on the cover...such as Harrington last year...

Your right with the ONLINE thing though to why the PS2 is higher than XBOX/GC rating.

Tearing down goalposts in NCAA 2004

Old 06-14-2003, 11:39 AM   #37
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Oh well...it would be cool but I'm used to the goal posts not coming down as I go to Purdue.

LOL

I feel your pain. As a Houston Cougar this was likely to be a feature I'd never see anyway, so I won't miss it. Besides, it's been so long since the Coogs had a "big win" I doubt if our students would even remember how to tear down a goalpost.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:33 PM   #38
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

the thing is as we find out more and more isn't in the game it turns out they only did add the EA Bio and SI covers. What a crock, but I'll still buy it.

I am getting the feeling that almost all of the improvements are cosmetic rather than stuff that effects gameplay. The one gameplay improvement I have read about is special teams play, especially on punt returns, which really did need fixing. Other than that, it's more teams and SI covers (both of which I am really looking forward to) and more of the stupid mascot teams. I am still stunned that there is no in-game save. That should have been a no-brainer. That, along with the fact that the SI covers cannot be saved for the entire length of your dynasty points to EA again not doing anything special for the X-Box version and simply porting the PS2 version with it's crappy memory card capacity. VERY disappointing, but I'll still be all over this game and will play it until next year's comes out. I guess that makes me a sucker.
And don't even get me started about EA and X-Box Live. The NCAA series is my favorite of all time, sports or non-sports, but it really sounds like the improvements this season are pretty minimal.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:34 PM   #39
All Star

OVR: 14

Quote:

Quote:

the thing is as we find out more and more isn't in the game it turns out they only did add the EA Bio and SI covers. What a crock, but I'll still buy it.

I am getting the feeling that almost all of the improvements are cosmetic rather than stuff that effects gameplay. The one gameplay improvement I have read about is special teams play, especially on punt returns, which really did need fixing. Other than that, it's more teams and SI covers (both of which I am really looking forward to) and more of the stupid mascot teams. I am still stunned that there is no in-game save. That should have been a no-brainer. That, along with the fact that the SI covers cannot be saved for the entire length of your dynasty points to EA again not doing anything special for the X-Box version and simply porting the PS2 version with it's crappy memory card capacity. VERY disappointing, but I'll still be all over this game and will play it until next year's comes out. I guess that makes me a sucker.
And don't even get me started about EA and X-Box Live. The NCAA series is my favorite of all time, sports or non-sports, but it really sounds like the improvements this season are pretty minimal.

EA has added the playaction and roll-out cams, said that they tweaked the CPU defensive shifting, made how you play (pass/run ratio) really affect recruiting, you can get extensions and/or offers from other schools in the middle of your contract, there are contractual goals you need to reach, invites to better conferences, "line-of-sight" AI so that the CPU-controlled players don't automatically know where the ball is going unless they see it first....
Old 06-14-2003, 05:52 PM   #40
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

sounds like a load of improvements to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »