Home

4th and inches

This is a discussion on 4th and inches within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
Rookie

VUFTBL1's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 4th and inches

I always play with a team that has a good running QB (like LSU, Illinois) so a good running QB helps.
That being said I run a 4WR spread set and choose speed option. either direction works fine. Hot route all 4 WR's to block. Then depending on which direction your opponent run commits you'll have time to run your qb in up the middle and score. If they run commit in the middle just run the play as called and your qb or the pitch man should be able to make it in.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

When im at 1st and goal from the 1 or 2, I either A.) Run it down their throat with my FB in Goal line formation but if im having trouble running during the game I use B.) On first down use Goal Line Formaton PA Rollout, it the FB for the easy Td.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut17
go back and watch michigan vs illinois from last week, mich had 1st and goal from the 1 and was stuffed 4 straight plays,
This was going to be my response.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #12
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

Yes i know Syracuse isnt a good team, but check out "The Stand" by Iowa gainst them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTb2mIIqwHc

Take into account the amount of chances they had not the skill level. Because with this many times you would think they would score.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I always use ace single back formation double tight with a receiver to each side and just do speed option out of it. works like a charm, I make my linemen block to the left, and I just run the ball to the left, usually cut it in with the qb, or either pitch it if they break through the line quickly. Goalline stands are very common, I played NAIA college football, and it seemed every other week we had goal line stands happening. Its a part of the game, its a common knowledge that defenses get stronger in the redzone and goalline. Just have to come up with some plays and read your defense well before the snap. I always run to the side with the least amount of defenders. If they stack the right side, audible left, vice versa. If its evenly distributed, I run away from their impact players. if thats even on both sides, then I run to the strong side of my offensive line. Just have to know the game to succeed.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #14
Rookie

josh80's Arena

OVR: 1

on goal line one I like to use is out of the I formation quick slant if they blitz the LB its money or if they go to a zone you can hit the outside WR have to watch if you go to the slot WR the LB will pick you risky but works when you are having trouble on goal line or short yard pick up this work really well when playing people on line
Old 11-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #15
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This was going to be my response.
yeah as a Buckeye fan I enjoyed bringing that back up for all you tsun fans, big games this weekend if you cant beat Purdue its going be tough to get bowl eligible, and were in Happy Valley
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »