Home

Five Essential Fixes for NCAA Football 11

This is a discussion on Five Essential Fixes for NCAA Football 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #57
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Good points. I hope EA actually listens to its consumers and really makes an effort to bring the college atmosphere to life because it's sorely lacking in the 360/PS3 games.

There's only going to be so much done, gameplay wise, because of the time crunch the developers are under. Everyone that says to put in a new engine; that's not going to happen. It'd take way too long and from what the EA guys have said, it's not in the plans as they are just working off what they already have.

I think the best bet at this point, in terms of on-field, is for the developers to just focus on getting the basics down and add in a few things mentioned in the article.

To me, the NCAA series will sell itself more on presentation than gameplay. It's clear EA has the capabilities to give us more, as witnessed by NCAA Basketball, so let's see if they can really bump up the presentation aspects in NCAA 11.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 9
Those are "essential" fixes? Wow, no wonder EA football games are crap year after year. They keep getting this kind of input. None of that crap matters if the gameplay is garbage...which it is.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2
EA could have just put out NCAA 04-06 on-field with better graphics and a few retooled features plus add ons to dynasty mode. I never went next gen because of recruiting and the player animations look awful. It still baffles me how stuff is missing from the last gen systems.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 19
Once again, I can see giving you guys variable game speeds, but the default game speed should stay the same. The game speed is the one thing that they have correct. College sports are more frantic than Pro, that's just the truth. You guys wanting the speed knocked down so it will play like Madden are totally missing the point. The game needs to implement different broadcast venues like NCAA Basketball, the game needs to change the stale announcing system, the game needs to find a way to get a better atmosphere like NBA Live Playoffs. I personally think gameplay on NCAA Football is more enjoyable than Madden. A few tweaks to gameplay like the Madden D-Line play are needed, but atmosphere and broadcasting should be the focus.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Five Essential Fixes for NCAA Football 11

Oh i agree they run "funny" and it don't look right, just never thought it looked like skating in regards to how skating has referred to football games in the past..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #62
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
Once again, I can see giving you guys variable game speeds, but the default game speed should stay the same. The game speed is the one thing that they have correct. College sports are more frantic than Pro, that's just the truth. You guys wanting the speed knocked down so it will play like Madden are totally missing the point.
Most people don't understand this concept. NFL players ARE faster than college players but the difference between a fast NFL player and a slow one is not that big. The difference between a fast college player and a slow one can be huge. That gives the college game the perception that it's faster sometimes which is why I agree that NCAA should play fast. Fast (and sometimes small) RBs can excel in NCAA but rarely do in the NFL since it's more of a power running league.

I personally found the Slow speed on Madden really slow. But options makes everyone happy (offline at least).
Old 11-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #63
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Here's a novel idea....how about EA works on each of these aspects. Why can't we have a game with improvements/sliders in all of these areas. This is only the 100th installment of NCAA....by now the development team should have a clue (no offense EA) of how to make a good college football game.

Last edited by Tarheel; 11-12-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 5
Great post! I agree with all five points, including many others listed in the comments. We will just have to wait and see if our voices are heard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »