Home

Just lost to a cheeser online

This is a discussion on Just lost to a cheeser online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Just lost to a cheeser online

if you want a straight game im always down for one. psn nkmi1984
Old 11-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
i'm winning 7-6 with 1:32 to play, I've got the ball, 1st down he's got all 3 timeouts. A 1st down ends it. 1st play 9 yds, timeout, 2nd and 1 to ice it.......i get the good ol' strip animation by 2 players for the 6th, yes SIXTH, time in the game because of the lame AGGRESSIVE gameplanning.
I had 4 shots in the 2nd half to put it away and got stripped everytime.
During this game, this schmuck didn't punt. Did not punt and all he had to show was 6 pts. Actually converted a 4th and 31 from his OWN 16yd line on the first drive of the 2nd half. He luckily converted that one but he was 2 for 9 on 4th downs for the game, I should've realistically put him away if he's playing girly like that but I can't because of the arcade features that EA equips these cheezers with like the aggressive strip. 6 strips, 1 facemask penalty. I don't think so.

I still suck, I'm not as good as I used to be during the ps2 days but this just really pisses me off.

Why can't EA set up different lobbies? i LITERALLY CAN NOT get a good football game online from a stranger
if you set big run to conservative like what was mentioned it takes a big hit to jar the ball loose, and I have only seen that happen like 3 times in running with conservative big run like 1000 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:26 AM   #11
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
i'm winning 7-6 with 1:32 to play, I've got the ball, 1st down he's got all 3 timeouts. A 1st down ends it. 1st play 9 yds, timeout, 2nd and 1 to ice it.......i get the good ol' strip animation by 2 players for the 6th, yes SIXTH, time in the game because of the lame AGGRESSIVE gameplanning.
I had 4 shots in the 2nd half to put it away and got stripped everytime.
During this game, this schmuck didn't punt. Did not punt and all he had to show was 6 pts. Actually converted a 4th and 31 from his OWN 16yd line on the first drive of the 2nd half. He luckily converted that one but he was 2 for 9 on 4th downs for the game, I should've realistically put him away if he's playing girly like that but I can't because of the arcade features that EA equips these cheezers with like the aggressive strip. 6 strips, 1 facemask penalty. I don't think so.

I still suck, I'm not as good as I used to be during the ps2 days but this just really pisses me off.

Why can't EA set up different lobbies? i LITERALLY CAN NOT get a good football game online from a stranger
I'm a pro-gameplan person so I really don't see an issue. Yes it shouldn't happen as much as it does but if your on the wrong end of the scoreboard late in the game the coach is going to instruct his players to go for the ball. How is that cheese? EA implemented counters for every gameplan 'advantage'. Unless he was glitching or something like that it's fair game IMO, he just outplayed/coached you. Just take that one on the chin and adjust. Complaining to individuals (not saying anyone in this thread) that think 'Heisman' is rigged won't make you better, playing against individuals who play unorthodox will make you better.

Disclaimer: Not trying to start argument/debate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 03:20 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
I'm a pro-gameplan person so I really don't see an issue. Yes it shouldn't happen as much as it does but if your on the wrong end of the scoreboard late in the game the coach is going to instruct his players to go for the ball. How is that cheese? EA implemented counters for every gameplan 'advantage'. Unless he was glitching or something like that it's fair game IMO, he just outplayed/coached you. Just take that one on the chin and adjust. Complaining to individuals (not saying anyone in this thread) that think 'Heisman' is rigged won't make you better, playing against individuals who play unorthodox will make you better.

Disclaimer: Not trying to start argument/debate

Not trying to start argument/debate either, but which is it?

Quote:
Yes it shouldn't happen as much as it does
or

Quote:
he just outplayed/coached you

the strip was just one complaint, did you read the rest of the post?

But from reading the helpful posts, setting conservative will help with the strips which is nice
Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 AM   #13
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Yes I read the whole post but the I only lingered on the only complaint that was about gameplanning. Going for on fourth down isn't really cheesy it's stupid. No huddle, is not cheesy and alot of teams actually do it in the NCAA. So yeah gameplanning was the one thing I lingered on.

What I meant by 'it's being used to much' is the fact that people run with it all game. The concept itself is not cheesy. And even if they do run with it all game, it's still not cheesy IMO. Do I do it, no. Have I played against people that have done it, yes. But then again, unlike yourself it seems, I knew what gameplanning actually did and made adjustments, that's all.

What I meant by him outplaying you, don't take it personal, but you didn't counter his tactics. That's not anyone's fault but your own. I'm not saying he's better than you or anything like that but for that one game he got the best of you. Just move on, you don't have to climb the highest mountaintop and admit your lack of success for one game.

Glad you recieved some helpful information and I wasn't trying to stir anything up but alot of people bash gameplanning. And it seems whatever people bash the most EA gets rid of it. And if used/fine tuned correctly will be a great feature.

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 11-18-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 26

I like the idea of anything strategical that EA can add. But their features, the way they are implemented now, are cheesy. They need to be toned down in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »