Home

Graphics and Player Models-Upgrade Please!!

This is a discussion on Graphics and Player Models-Upgrade Please!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Graphics and Player Models-Upgrade Please!!

I understand there's a number of issues that are bringing the NCAA Franchise down. But honestly I need to see an upgrade in graphics and player models. It seems like we've been getting the same models since 2008 and the graphics are decent but I know they can be far superior that what we have now especially when you look Madden which looks 100% better in both categories. I'm tired of playing with generic looking players. I know the amount of players in NCAA out weight those in Madden but come on NCAA Team this is Next Generation Gaming. Honestly I wouldn't mind having the same looking models from Madden to cut down on time if that's an issue. As far as graphics goes I don't think there should be a drop off from Madden but currently there is.

I'm very interested to hear what everyone in the forum thinks and would love to hear from someone at EA that can touch on the subject.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Graphics and Player Models-Upgrade Please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsuper10
I understand there's a number of issues that are bringing the NCAA Franchise down. But honestly I need to see an upgrade in graphics and player models. It seems like we've been getting the same models since 2008 and the graphics are decent but I know they can be far superior that what we have now especially when you look Madden which looks 100% better in both categories. I'm tired of playing with generic looking players. I know the amount of players in NCAA out weight those in Madden but come on NCAA Team this is Next Generation Gaming. Honestly I wouldn't mind having the same looking models from Madden to cut down on time if that's an issue. As far as graphics goes I don't think there should be a drop off from Madden but currently there is.

I'm very interested to hear what everyone in the forum thinks and would love to hear from someone at EA that can touch on the subject.
Player models won't likely see an increase in detail (aside from maybe some equipment, towels, dreads?, etc) They pretty much did new models for 07,08 and 09

Graphically, the game looks good. I'd rather them spend more of the budget on getting a great looking tv style presentation, weekly shows, coaches and refs on the field.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The graphics are good imo. I don't think the 360 or PS3 can significantly improve them much more without killing the frame rate. I'd rather see the resources spent elsewhere.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I would love to see some non-ripped players. The OL and DT's look crazy being completely ripped up. I also want the heads to be right so my CB's don't have those monster OL heads with no choices for smaller player profiles.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

I wouldn't mind EA adding more faces, I swear there are only like 10 faces assigned to each player in the game. My team looks like they are all related.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18

I hate that some height/weight combinations only have a handful of faces! Or some have huge bobble heads.

I hope that next year it gets improved. Remember on last gen how you would be able to pick hair styles and hair color? Hopefully NCAA 11 will implement that in.

The body types really need to be worked on. Especially with the offensive/defensive line players. Whatever happen to them lookin like this?

Last edited by St3fN_sTrApS; 11-16-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The graphics are good imo. I don't think the 360 or PS3 can significantly improve them much more without killing the frame rate. I'd rather see the resources spent elsewhere.
madden however seems to be superior to ncaa graphically. i have to think the ncaa team can at least bump it up to that level.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
madden however seems to be superior to ncaa graphically. i have to think the ncaa team can at least bump it up to that level.
Their team is bigger and they probably have more resources to make the game a little prettier.

Does anyone see the similarity between the player models of Madden 10 and Madden 05 on the PS2? Obviously not in the amount of extra detail we get now but the proportions seem to be similar. The players appear to be a little too thin on Madden 10 (which I already sold). Just reminds me a little of Madden 05.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »