Home

NCAA 2004 goes gold

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 goes gold within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2003, 02:51 PM   #25
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 2004 goes gold

Quote:

somebody enlighten me, what does NCAA going gold mean? i have no idea what that means. sorry, i am a very ignorant man.

EA has released the final build for production. It now gets pressed, boxed, and shipped. The game that we are going to be playing in July is done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #26
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

somebody enlighten me, what does NCAA going gold mean? i have no idea what that means. sorry, i am a very ignorant man.

It means the code has been finalized - no more coding is being done on NCAA 2004.

When you are mass-duplicating a software title, you need to send them an original disk to make copies of. This disk is the "gold master", and has the code on it as you want it shipped. Producing this gold master = "going gold".
Old 06-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #27
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NCAA has no competition. Plus, most NCAAers ALSO buy Madden, if for no other reason then importing draft classes.

NCAA will ship on the 17th.

Good news though.

This means final build/beta is done and Steve could have one by week's end.

So, in other words, we should start getting ready for 50 or so posts of "What is this player's rating?" daily?

We will just slap a sticky for the player's rating.

I can go on record right now, for those who have not been around the last 2 years for NCAA time, Steve WILL NOT do player ratings unless he has a ton of free time. He does screens, movies, and answers gameplay questions. If you want the ratings, buy the strategy guide.

If someone has the strategy guide and makes a post I have the strategy guide, then we will decide if it becomes a sticky or not depending on how many posts there are.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:54 PM   #28
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NCAA has no competition. Plus, most NCAAers ALSO buy Madden, if for no other reason then importing draft classes.

NCAA will ship on the 17th.

Good news though.

This means final build/beta is done and Steve could have one by week's end.

So, in other words, we should start getting ready for 50 or so posts of "What is this player's rating?" daily?

We will just slap a sticky for the player's rating.

I can go on record right now, for those who have not been around the last 2 years for NCAA time, Steve WILL NOT do player ratings unless he has a ton of free time. He does screens, movies, and answers gameplay questions. If you want the ratings, buy the strategy guide.

If someone has the strategy guide and makes a post I have the strategy guide, then we will decide if it becomes a sticky or not depending on how many posts there are.

Aren't you supposed to be in the Basketball forum???
Old 06-17-2003, 02:56 PM   #29
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

Yeah, but the playoffs ended so it is kind of not busy in there. You win Clay, I suck!
Old 06-17-2003, 02:58 PM   #30
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

ok, now i got it, thanks guys
Old 06-17-2003, 02:58 PM   #31
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:

Yeah, but the playoffs ended so it is kind of not busy in there. You win Clay, I suck!

OK, you can stay. You handle all the ratings questions and Eli Mannings shoes are the wrong color threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2003, 03:03 PM   #32
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

Quote:

Quote:

OK, you can stay. You handle all the ratings questions and Eli Mannings shoes are the wrong color threads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »